Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boomba Racing is proud to announce our new performance short shifter kit for the 2014+ Ford Fiesta ST

This short shifter kit includes transmission adapter plate as well as a 3-way adjustable short throw shift lever. It’s everything you need to significantly reduce the shifter throw while also improving the shift feel and accuracy of your Ford Fiesta ST.

3 possible cable attachment combinations allow for shift reductions that range from 20% to 40%, making this kit truly customizable and a must-have for all drivers. Easy to install, and no modifications to the console or transmission are required. The short throw shifter retains the full functionality of the reverse lockout and a 30 degree bend, double that of OEM, allowing the shift knob to sit in a much more comfortable position shower to the driver. The adapter plate is also weighted which aids in shifting momentum and positive engagement.

The short shifter kit is designed and manufactured in Boomba's manufacturing facility, right here in the United States and all mounting hardware are included. All components are precision CNC machined; the adapter plate is zinc plated billet steel while the shifter lever is comprised of black oxide billet steel and black anodized billet aluminum. The materials and coating were carefully chosen for strength and long lasting durability. A definite mod for daily drivers as well as autocross and road racing enthusiast!

MSRP: $300.00

Ford Fiesta ST Short Throw Shifter Kit

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For all of you early buyers, we are shipping them out today! However, we are still finishing up our installation manuals. For anyone that has ordered them already, you will get an email most likely by the end of today with a PDF of the instructions attached. For the visual learners, we plan to release an install video in the near future as well! If anyone is interested in getting them installed here at the shop, feel free to swing on by with some donuts and coffee and get it done!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone have a write up on this kit? Not sure if just the transmission adapters 20% reduction is enough. Worried 40% is to much, anyone have input on that.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Does anyone have a write up on this kit? Not sure if just the transmission adapters 20% reduction is enough. Worried 40% is to much, anyone have input on that.
There is this :) I think it is worth the time and effort to install all bushings and short shift as the feel is more solid and the shift lever angle is changed to a more natural feel (for me anyways ymmv)
Linky

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is this :) I think it is worth the time and effort to install all bushings and short shift as the feel is more solid and the shift lever angle is changed to a more natural feel (for me anyways ymmv)
Linky
Glad you're happy with the setup! It really does make for a drastically improved shifting experience.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the "Ultimate" shift kit arrive Friday.

Haven't had time to install yet but the parts look excellent quality and I'm very excited. Also came with very decent looking graphic instructions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got this kit in my Fiesta along with the shifter base bushings.
I bought them separate, the adapter plate first.
With just the adapter plate, there is a reduction in the fore/aft gate of some 20%, very noticeable and worth the change. But the shifting still felt rubbery, and the side to side gating was not changed and the 4-5 shift still felt too long.

Enter the shift lever and base bushings...

The base bushings should be considered a MUST. Hey they're 21 bux. Just do it. You'll be glad you did. They firm up the feel at the lever, no rubberiness remains.

I put the shift lever in and didn't like the way the fore/aft cable lined up with the housing with the lever fully extended (for the 40% reduction). So I lowered the lever arm to it's lowest setting which lined up the cable perfectly, I don't know if this cable alignment is a problem or not really, but at this setting it sure works fine.

A few things to note on the shifter:

First, it's nicely made! Boomba stuff is well made! Well done gents.

Second, the lever is bent back slightly vs. stock. I'm not sure yet that this is a good thing. It does bring the knob closer to you so if you feel yourself reaching, especially for 5th, this may be a good thing. My biggest complaint with the stock shifter, including after installing just the adapter plate, is that the side to side gate was too long and reaching for 5th was annoying. So...

Third, the lever reduces (or seems to) the side to side gate and reaching for 5th is no longer an issue.

So, with all 3 items installed (bushings, lever, adapter plate, for a combined 20% reduction), the shifting is quick, precise and has a very pleasing mechanical feel.

Well done to the Boys of Boomba for a nicely engineered and well manufactured set of components -- a very worthwhile upgrade to the Fiesta!

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got this kit in my Fiesta along with the shifter base bushings.
I bought them separate, the adapter plate first.
With just the adapter plate, there is a reduction in the fore/aft gate of some 20%, very noticeable and worth the change. But the shifting still felt rubbery, and the side to side gating was not changed and the 4-5 shift still felt too long.

Enter the shift lever and base bushings...

The base bushings should be considered a MUST. Hey they're 21 bux. Just do it. You'll be glad you did. They firm up the feel at the lever, no rubberiness remains.

I put the shift lever in and didn't like the way the fore/aft cable lined up with the housing with the lever fully extended (for the 40% reduction). So I lowered the lever arm to it's lowest setting which lined up the cable perfectly, I don't know if this cable alignment is a problem or not really, but at this setting it sure works fine.

A few things to note on the shifter:

First, it's nicely made! Boomba stuff is well made! Well done gents.

Second, the lever is bent back slightly vs. stock. I'm not sure yet that this is a good thing. It does bring the knob closer to you so if you feel yourself reaching, especially for 5th, this may be a good thing. My biggest complaint with the stock shifter, including after installing just the adapter plate, is that the side to side gate was too long and reaching for 5th was annoying. So...

Third, the lever reduces (or seems to) the side to side gate and reaching for 5th is no longer an issue.

So, with all 3 items installed (bushings, lever, adapter plate, for a combined 20% reduction), the shifting is quick, precise and has a very pleasing mechanical feel.

Well done to the Boys of Boomba for a nicely engineered and well manufactured set of components -- a very worthwhile upgrade to the Fiesta!
Whoa, awesome write-up!

We're glad to hear you are happy with the product. Making shifter accessories for the Fiesta was a hard task because the car already came pretty good from the factory. A lot of R and D went into developing something that we made sure a lot of people were going to like.

Thank you for choosing Boomba!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts