Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Vendor
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boomba Racing aluminum cable bracket bushings are a direct replacement for the OEM rubber bushings. Once installed, they completely eliminate excess movement in the shifter cable bracket, creating a much more precise and exact shifting experience.

These bushings are precision CNC machined from high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and are available in 4 different colors: Natural Aluminum, and Red, Black or Blue Anodized.

MSRP: $28

ALUMINUM SHIFTER BUSHINGS

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Nice been waiting for these..
Couldn't wait ordered .. Take a discount next time LoL

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Thanks guys!

We're working on base bushings too! We'll keep you all updated!
Mmmmm ok I will take one for the team and volunteer to be the protype field tester .. ;) LOL

·
Registered
300 Posts
The website says it's in the Focus ST category. Do the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST share the same bushings?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
These will be mine once i get my car back!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I ordered a set before even seeing the pictures....I thought they were bushings for where the cables pass through which is what I usually have had on other cars......cool though:)

I am going to make my own short shifter and modify the cable housing angles to line up properly so no binding, while doing so I will probably weld in some solid mounts so may not need the bushings I just bought but I might use them anyway to help dress up the ugly duckling underhood of this car just a little:)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Can someone explain to me why you'd want to have a different color one? From my understanding it won't even be visible.
It's a artsy thing knowing you have all blue or red under the hood .. that said I ordered the (what i thought was blue only to have my iphone mark for the Black ones.. no matter the will look stockish and as you say be unseen..

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ours is mostly different in taking the airbox off from what I can tell then you need to remove the battery box (and battery) as well as disconnect the ECU with is mounted to the side of the battery box. Then remove and replace the bushings . I will post up pics in a diff thread and found if you replace the rear one first you can use the bolt as a helper to hold the two halves together while starting and then keep it loose as you set the bottom halves of the two forward bushings to be held in place by the bracket while you place the top half on and start the bolt.. a 10 mm open end box ratchet wrench (with swivel head) works best on the rear and inner(closest to the engine) one as there are a bunch of stuff in the way of a 3/8 ratchet wrench..
Does feel a bit tighter too though it may be all in my head ;) lol
over all easy install though you need to dig into the car a bit to get at the bushings it is nothing a lil time and basic know how can't noodle out.. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
I just want more short shift brackets. The only one on the market is the Mountune one, and $250, is kinda steep.
Everything Mountune is steep, but totally worth it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have no problem paying for quality, but if another well-known company can offer equal quality for less, I can't say no. The Cobb RMM is next on my list, followed by the Mountune short shift bracket with Boomba bushings. Well, unless there are other short shift brackets to look at between now and then.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts