Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass this along:

My FiST has just under 700 miles on it, but the past few days I've felt the car down on power. I'm running 91 octane versus the previous dealer-filled 87, yet the car felt less punchy. Last night I went for a drive and realized that max power in 2nd gear was coming in around 4k RPM instead of the normal 2.5-2.7k. 4th-6th gears would take forever to build boost (I would have to put the pedal to the metal).

I took the car in today to my dealer, and had them check all boost hose clamps for tightness. Sure enough, the mechanic told me that several of the boost hose clamps needed to be tightened and were loose. I don't have any special or extra warranty, but everything was fully covered. The car now feels punchier and "the way it should". In any case, I think I'm getting used to the power because it still doesn't feel exactly how that first test drive went.

Thought I'd let you guys know if you happened to be experiencing something similar!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yep, a seemingly common issue that I myself experienced as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
shit. i think i have to take my car into the dealer for the same problem. I have an annoying rattle on the drivers side a pillar area, it buzzes and vibrates like something is touching something it shouldnt, so itll be convenient for the dealer to fix both issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There should really be a Tech Service Bulletin. I need to check mine. What can we do to force the issue? Maybe contract the Ford two on Fiesta Faction Forum. I will do that when I get home I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
There should really be a Tech Service Bulletin. I need to check mine. What can we do to force the issue? Maybe contract the Ford two on Fiesta Faction Forum. I will do that when I get home I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The more people take their car in for this, the better chance a TSB will be issued.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The more people take their car in for this, the better chance a TSB will be issued.
^ x2 this

That's why I am waiting to experience this issue. Not that I want my car to have problems, of course, but get it on my service records. If it continues to be a problem, I prefer having Ford note every occurence, tighten/fix/replace, and possibly upgrade the clamps. With service history, they can't claim they're unaware of the problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hadnt felt it lacking since I got the car, but tightened mine just in case. Some of them were fairly loose. I put in my Cobb filter at the same time, and when I drove for the first time, it was like a different car.

·
Registered
498 Posts
going to tighten mine this weekend on Saturday before sunday's run.

Here's a good question: If you, for instance, have an AccessPort V3, what boost figures SHOULD you be making if they're not loose? I make 19.5-20PSI at WOT

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Here's a good question: If you, for instance, have an AccessPort V3, what boost figures SHOULD you be making if they're not loose? I make 19.5-20PSI at WOT
Same here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts

I didn't see much difference in peak boost... just arrived later, and throttle response was "soft". The engine also fell on it's face as rpm climbed past 5000 rpm.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Using TorquePro, max boost I saw before tightening was 16.1 Psi, after tightening 24 Psi on WOT.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Using TorquePro, max boost I saw before tightening was 16.1 Psi, after tightening 24 Psi on WOT.
24psi holy crap. Surely some of that high number is down to your turbo back? Do you hold 24psi all the way to red line? Is that with stock tune?

Tappin on the phone

·
Registered
374 Posts
My cobb ap boost pressure just showed 66 when I wot on 3rd gear o_O

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Erm I'd find that a little worrying. Or maybe just an anomaly/ corrupt data? Has anyone had any issues with rods on our engines yet?

Tappin on the phone

·
Registered
488 Posts
Spiked to 22.04 once, most of the time peak is around 19.8-21

·
Registered
490 Posts
24psi holy crap. Surely some of that high number is down to your turbo back? Do you hold 24psi all the way to red line? Is that with stock tune?

Tappin on the phone

I had a few 24 "spikes", other than that it was in the 18-21 range.

·
Registered
498 Posts
once and a while the car's data feed gets interrupted and you'll get a weird absurdly high false read. no, this didn't actually happen to your car, just data error.

I'll be tightening mine for sure this saturday then

1 - 20 of 46 Posts