Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some tests with Dashcommand and Torquepro, and I get16 PSI boost max? Where to start looking?

·
Registered
369 Posts
This car will curb boost when it hits it's torque targets. Basically once you reach a certain power level it curbs the boost. Maybe you're lucky enough to hit that limit at the lower boost. Wouldn't hurt to check your clamps though.

Reactions: Sekred

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Check your hose clamps.

Here are the connections you’ll need to check, from FiestaST.org:
Connection 1 – On the back of the engine looking up from underneath, there is a connection of a rubber hose going onto the outlet of the turbo charger.
Connection 2 – The other end of that rubber pipe goes down onto a thin looking metal pipe.
Connection 3 – This is the other end of the metal pipe. From under the car these 3 are easy to access. It connects the metal pipe to the rubber hose that goes to the intercooler.
Connection 4 – This connection is on the passenger side of the intercooler (looking head on at the car) a lot harder to access without removing the fascia.
Connection 5 – This one is the driver’s side of the intercooler. It can be hard to access without removing the fascia.
Connection 6 – This connects a rubber hose coming from the driver’s side of the intercooler and goes onto a plastic pipe that heads up towards the intake.
Connection 7 – This is the other end of the plastic pipe, It goes to a short peice of rubber hose just before the throttle plate (Hard to get to will probably need a 7mm wrench, not a socket)
Connection 8 – This is directly onto the throttle body. This can be hard to get to with all the AC pipes in the way, but not too hard.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was able to get to all of them except the one on the drivers side inner cooler... But does anyone know how tight these should be? I thought they were pretty loose based on my 'feel' but i have no idea how tight they can go without stripping out the clamp or breaking something.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just for the heck of it, I decided to check mine. There are 10 in total. Of the 10, 3 were so loose I could turn them by hand. The others needed at least 5-7 turns with the ratchet to fasten. You will need ratchet with a 7mm socket.

Did a test run after the fix, and according to TorquePro I am now getting 24.4 Psi on overboost, my previous max was 16.2 Psi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts