Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been looking at the Borla exhaust. The Ford Racing exhaust is the same. Think Ford Racing gives a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty and Borla gives a 1,000,000 mile warranty. May pay a bit more than other exhausts but I'm a firm believer in the quality of the Borla exhaust. I think some of the other exhausts you will generally find they dont last as long, I'm thinking the first thing to go on other exhausts are the internals of the muffler. Something you will notice is Borla's competition doesn't say what the internals of the muffler are made from, typically they will use an inferior type of stainless steel that is cheaper. Borla uses 304 SS for everything including the internals of the exhaust. Some people will say bigger is better, not always, I've seen some 2.5" or 3" Fiesta ST exhausts. Borla has gone to a 2.25" exhaust system for the Fiesta which is slightly bigger from the stock 2.17". One might say thats not much of an increase but Borla's muffler design probably improves on lessening the exhaust restriction.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a custom borla 3in exhaust. 3inch piping and a borla muffler on it and I love how deep it is. It's so deep at idle it's hard to record a video. I been meaning to get someone to record me while I do a pull on it. But haven't found the time. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Borla always had a nice sound, alot of their tips I haven't been a fan of though, hopefully they nail it on this one!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have a custom borla 3in exhaust. 3inch piping and a borla muffler on it and I love how deep it is. It's so deep at idle it's hard to record a video. I been meaning to get someone to record me while I do a pull on it. But haven't found the time. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would love to hear this!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure its a great sounding exhaust, but I personally couldn't spend that kind of money for a 2.25" system.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
I agree with you on the price.

Reactions: Colin1337
1 - 11 of 11 Posts