Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s my thought process I think I read somewhere that some of the same people that designed the MazdaSpeed 3 designed the FiST and my 2009 MazdaSpeed had a lot of Ford parts in it so my question is what do you think it would take to install the hubs and brakes from a MazdaSpeed onto the Fiesta ST? When the Mazda 2 came out there was talk on the forums about upgrades and using MS 3 parts. Do manufacturer service manuals have specs on specific parts? i.e that a part A is bolted to part B with a 12mm bolt? So I can try to figure out if things will just bolt up?

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Anything is possible, just depends on how deep your pockets are.

· Registered
656 Posts
It can be far more complicated than simply bolting parts on, the steering knuckle might be entirely different and the rear knuckle has to be due to IRS instead of a twist beam.

Good idea but likely a costly and difficult job, fabrication, etc....

BUT, find somebody with a 3 that wants to come to Morgan Utah and up on my life and I will pull parts out and find out or send me a set of knuckles, hubs, brakes, etc....and I will find out for you:)

I have been looking for 5x114.3 hubs to modify to fit our cars, that would open up a world of wheels to pick from. They would have to be a very close fit to be even remotely feasible.

· Registered
728 Posts
Haven't you already changed your hubs to 4 X 100?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

· Registered
656 Posts
Yes, 4x100 was easy and I will most likely stay with it as I am going to run 12.2 lb, roll formed, 15x9 wheels for the track and I cannot get such wheels in a 5x114.3 pattern unless overweight or wrong offset, super expensive, not what I would want.....

If the car had room and gearing for 17x8.5 or 9.0" wheels and taller tires then I would change but forced to run 15's if I want the best rubber for the track as I want to run 225 minimum and in the tires I like they are much wider than typical 225's.

The more I look at the options, the more I realize 4x100 is the best choice for me all around, for some it could be 5x114.3 but that will take considerably more effort to achieve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.