Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first noticed after my second autocross event. The sides of the car, just behind the front wheels and fading rearward coated in brake dust. Lots. I was kinda suprised. The wheels get plenty coated, but this is the first compound i've seen dust *this* much as to dust up the painted panels.

Stock pads, FWIW. 4000 miles, 2 autocrosses, totaling 8 runs.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I love the color the dust make ny wheels look. But it would be wrong to wash the car and not the wheels.........

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is why the factory brakes work so well. I have that happen with my track pads on my Mustang if I don't wash it for a couple events.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the same issue with my ST, it was my first time to go to a track event and never knew how badly the brake dust were over my fenders. It also coated my rims. I had to buy an Ironx the next day. A friend of mine suggested to replace my brake pads to carbon ceramic and recommended reading the site https://motoringcrunch.com/. I'm kinda thinking of getting the Power Stop CRK7002 via Amazon costs about $182. Is it really worth it replacing to carbon ceramic pads aside from the benefit of not getting any brake dust?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I first noticed after my second autocross event. The sides of the car, just behind the front wheels and fading rearward coated in brake dust. Lots. I was kinda suprised. The wheels get plenty coated, but this is the first compound i've seen dust this much as to dust up the painted panels.

Stock pads, FWIW. 4000 miles, 2 autocrosses, totaling 8 runs.
I've also suffered from the same thing on the driver side rocker panel. I only use it on the street but it's just on the one side of the car. Weird!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts