1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
411 Posts
So while I was installing my coilovers today, I noticed my brake fluid reservoir is bone dry.
Anyone else have this issue? Or know what the cause of this is? Never seen this in any of my cars, but then again, none of my cars have been brand new.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
That a serious problem you may have there. Bone dry?, you could have a leak but you should of seen something when you fitted the coilovers. Another explanation is that the fluid level was never check/adjusted during the pre-deliver. As you probably know, the fluid level will drop as the pads wear but there should still be some fluid in the reserve even when your pads need changing out.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That a serious problem you may have there. Bone dry?, you could have a leak but you should of seen something when you fitted the coilovers. Another explanation is that the fluid level was never check/adjusted during the pre-deliver. As you probably know, the fluid level will drop as the pads wear but there should still be some fluid in the reserve even when your pads need changing out.
Ya I dunno man. I didn't see any leaks on the lines. Car only has 3900 miles on it so I doubt the brakes are worn.
I'm thinking I might put a bit in there and see if it levels out or disappears again.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ya I dunno man. I didn't see any leaks on the lines. Car only has 3900 miles on it so I doubt the brakes are worn.
I'm thinking I might put a bit in there and see if it levels out or disappears again.

The reservoir near the strut top is the filler... it is normal for this to be "low". there is a tube that leads to the master/reservoir.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts