Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Fiesta just broke 1500 miles and I noticed that one of the front rotors has developed quite the groove in it.

I've attached a picture:

Do you guys think I should take it up with ford? I have a feeling they won't do anything since this is a wear part and isn't technically warrantied.

· Registered
488 Posts
The semi-metal stock pads are really aggressive and generate a lot of dust for what they are, but that's the worst I have seen by far! Ditch the stock pads and rotor for some ceramic pads and cryo treated rotors!

· Registered
412 Posts
Our Fiesta just broke 1500 miles and I noticed that one of the front rotors has developed quite the groove in it.

I've attached a picture:

Do you guys think I should take it up with ford? I have a feeling they won't do anything since this is a wear part and isn't technically warrantied.
It looks like you have pick up a stone or something and its jammed in the pad material. I've picked up stones before but they usually dislodge quickly.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
How do the brakes sound ? if you are worried just pull the caliper and look at the pad and rotor..

· Registered
1,227 Posts
The semi-metal stock pads are really aggressive and generate a lot of dust for what they are, but that's the worst I have seen by far! Ditch the stock pads and rotor for some ceramic pads and cryo treated rotors!
The problem is finding the front pads. Tirerack only has the rears but noone has front pads available yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,234 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took it to Ford today. They said that it was only .005 inch deep and just looked worse than it was. They also said what ever caused it is gone and it should even out and not cause any problems over the life of the brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.