Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, here is the finalized design of the Breedt Fiesta ST Rear Motor Mount!

We have come up with a Rear Motor Mount that reduces wheel hop, increases traction, enhances shifting feel, and, most importantly, gets the power down better all with still retaining near stock NVH.

All Breedt products are 100% made in the USA and all hardware is included. The price will be $150.

Metal Auto part Material property Metal Technology Electronic device Metal Audio equipment

Installed on the Breedt Fiesta ST

Auto part Vehicle brake Wheel Tire Brake

Here are some specifics:

-Comes with 2 polyurethane bushings 40 and 60 durometer
-Bushings are replaceable and exchangeable (can be purchased separate for $15)
-40 durometer gets rid of bangs, give better response while providing near stock NVH
-60 durometer is for serious power down the road or for that true race car feel
-6061 billet alum
-Reuses factory transmission bracket
-Retains factory downtube brace
- Price will be $150

Look for these to be available for purchase in the Breedt Product Store this week!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow great idea with the interchangeable bushings. Looks great!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This looks like a great product, will make it hard to justify buying a cobb unit at same price when this mount is tunable. Thanks for bringing us more product for our cars,

·
Registered
186 Posts
The design looks great an the option for a softer or harder bushing makes it better.

Reactions: bpd

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Breedt Ford Fiesta ST Rear Motor Mount is now available to order in the Breedt Product Store!

Product Footwear Shoe Automotive lighting Wheel

We also have the Replacement Bushing for the Fiesta ST RMM available to order too, just choose the durometer that you desire!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, we have many more products in mind for this platform.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This looks like a great product, will make it hard to justify buying a cobb unit at same price when this mount is tunable. Thanks for bringing us more product for our cars,
The design looks great an the option for a softer or harder bushing makes it better.
Thanks, we are really proud of it and the main focus going into designing this RMM was to offer one that could be modified by the user to meet their needs and we are excited about this and future offerings for the Fiesta ST platform.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These RMM's are flying off the shelf.

I believe this is our fastest selling product for either platform so far, get yours before they are gone!

Product Store

·
Registered
68 Posts
For those of us not mechanically minded, do you guys have an install writeup by any chance? I imagine it's similar for any RMM, but some step by step instructions with pictures would be really helpful.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those of us not mechanically minded, do you guys have an install writeup by any chance? I imagine it's similar for any RMM, but some step by step instructions with pictures would be really helpful.
I will see about getting an install write up put together.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone purchased one of these yet? I'm curious about vibration with the softer bushing.
When we installed it on our Fiesta ST, the softer bushing (40 duro) gave near stock NVH. Hardly noticeable vibrations where experienced but got rid of all bangs.

Anyone else want to chime in on your experience with it? :cool:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have Fiesta ST RMM's in stock for $150!

Camera lens Cameras & optics Lens

Specifics
• Comes with 2 polyurethane bushings 40 and 60 durometer
• Bushings are replaceable and exchangeable (can be purchased separate for $15)
• 40 durometer gets rid of bangs, give better response while providing near stock NVH
• 60 durometer is for serious power down the road or for that true race car feel
• 6061 billet alum
• Reuses factory transmission bracket
• Retains factory downtube brace

Anyone that has installed one, care to give your review for the others that are on the fence about it??

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday and it's a great looking and fitting product! My impression of it so far is questionable though. I've had stiffer rear motor mounts in other vehicles in the past so I know the vibration is going to increase, but the vibration at idle is very noticeable. Bring it up 100RPM though and it goes away completely. Driving feel is MUCH improved though! Clutch engagement feels excellent and there's no more bouncy feel on the shift into second. Shifts feel very solid and the more direct transfer of power to the wheels is very noticeable due to the wheelspin I got taking off out of my driveway. I take off the same way all the time and never before spun the wheels. I also noticed that the torque steer is more noticeable as well... I guess those are signs that it's working, but for functionality it may make the bad things more noticeable since they're no longer hidden by the spongy stock mount. Lastly, although there is no noticeable vibration when driving, the cabin is slightly louder. Almost like I put an exhaust on... I'll see how it works out and hopefully the vibration at idle will tame itself as it breaks in. My old SVT Focus had a good vibration when I first swapped its mount but it went away after a couple hundred miles. Hoping this does the same.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts