Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with the guys at bumperplugs to see about getting plugs made up in Performance Blue. If there is an interest in 8 sets they could do a custom batch for normal price which is $30 a pair.

These things are great if the dealer installed the plate mount but you don't want to run a front tag. I used them in past cars and they work great and look very clean.

So are there 7 other performance blue FiST owners who want to go in with me?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yep!

...but $30? It's 2 pieces of plastic.

I got a pair of pre-painted covers from Honda for my S2000 for $10.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not for $30, no. $10, maybe. But honestly having the holes up front looks better to me than plugs that stick out, so unless the plugs sit flush I'd probably skip on them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not for $30, no. $10, maybe. But honestly having the holes up front looks better to me than plugs that stick out, so unless the plugs sit flush I'd probably skip on them.
I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but the plugs sit pretty flush and when color matched blend well. Personally I think a front plate looks better than a pair of holes in the bumper. That just looks junky.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but the plugs sit pretty flush and when color matched blend well. Personally I think a front plate looks better than a pair of holes in the bumper. That just looks junky.
Hmm if they sit flush and the color matches well I'd possibly be interested then. All I've seen so far are generic ones that look like poop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
These are the bumper plugs for the S2K

They are more complex and more material than what it would require for the holes in our ST.

What they look like installed.

I'd be in, but not at $30.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If everyone here knew how much real paint cost and how color matching is you'd buy these in a heartbeat. I know there are diy ways of doing this all over the Web. I myself know all about paint, and how to properly color match painting things, prepping correctly to withstand front end abuse over years, not peeling etc. This is a great deal and I highly recommend too anyone who wants to keep their car.
BumperPlugs for Ford

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah this is interesting I thought $30 was spot on if not a great deal. I love mine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
Lol shiz, I could make them for 10-15 a set color matched to ANY color.

What material you guys want, rubber, vinyl, plastic?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the process of removing my front plate bracket. My brother is going to paint the plugs my Paint Code: Molten Orange. He is the best auto painter I know and trust because I'm super picky when it comes to my car's. If not I would buy the bumper plugs already painted. That's a good price although can be done cheaper. For me rattle cans, brushes and paint pens aren't for my car, I'm sure for many they would do the job just fine though.

I'll post some pics of them when done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Removed the bracket today, the holes aren't chipped and no damage. Probably going to paintthem tomorrow, this tri coat is very expensive, $200 a pint for the paint we use. I'll get finished pic's up as soon as we're done.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts