Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the forum and didn't come up with anything. When I accelerate enough to hear that beautiful low intake noise I get this vibration noise in the cabin in the foot well that completely ruins the mood. I've tried to locate it with no luck as I can only recreate when I'm driving.

It reminds me a bit of a clutch rattle noise we had on the S2000's. But I dont think that's the source here.

Any ideas?

· Registered
588 Posts
Hmm. I don't know. If it is brand new and the suspension is bouncing it may be that. The suspension was pretty chattery brand new. The car is starting to feel incredibly smooth as it nears 3k miles though.

I think about 1000-1500 is when it started to loosen up.

· Registered
588 Posts
Check the play in your pedals, are they all firm? I'm shooting in the dark here. I'm not sure I have this or have heard it.

· Registered
22 Posts
It's only when accelerating hard and it sound like it's coming from the area where the sound symposer is piped into the cabin. Drove Ford tech for him to hear it - he acknowledged it and said it's normal. Lol!

· Registered
635 Posts
When I accelerate hard I get a clutch chatter noise, but once the clutch is engaged it goes away. Either way my air vents are noisy and i have a buzzing over bumps all the time near my B pillars. 2nd checking the vents.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Check the sound symposser. I know on the focus ST they are prone to failing and make an awful noise.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still can't manage to figure out what it is. It doesn't rattle when I check looking and pressing the gas pedal in my garage. Ford told me I wait until I have 1,000mi on it and now I do. I will do one last check on hoses and the floor air vent.

· Registered
68 Posts
The only rattling I've noticed is part of the cap on a drink bottle. You know when you twist off the top it leaves the bottom ring? This car tends to rattle that in the cup holder. This probably isn't the source of your issue but that's the only thing that's rattled in my ST for the ~4500 miles I've had it.

· Registered
22 Posts
It is temperature dependent. There has been a few 80+ degree days and the buzzing is gone. Temperature is in the 40's again this morning and the buzzing is back at full throttle acceleration. Definitely coming from driver side air vent area. This is a very minor gripe that is triggering my OCD. Turned off the stability control - it's nice not having the computer step in. I wish the torque vectoring could be turned off but then I would probably want a limited slip diff.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dealer didn't find anything wrong nor could they duplicate. My only thought is that it was because it was 90+ degrees by them and only 70 by the beach where I live. That must be why I always hear it and they couldn't. I had difficulty re-creating it in that heat.

Must be some piece that when it expands it tightens up...bummer because it drives me crazy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.