Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol. Seems odd to have traded in a twin turbo BMW for a Ford Fiesta, but I definitely made the right choice :thumbsup:

I'm an audio guy mainly, but I'm not scared to do some modding. I never see the track (anymore), but the ST might inspire me to make a comeback. I'll enjoy it stock for a good while though. That way the upgrades are that much sweeter. It's a blast as is so I'll use the mod path to keep things fresh (if that makes sense). I'll be constantly messing with the stereo anyway so I have plenty to do.

Speaking of the stereo, I think I recognize at least one username on here from my other forums.

First pic is my last two cars. Traded the STi in on the BMW. BMW in on the ST.

And the new love of my life...

· Premium Member
498 Posts
You'll love it, though our upgrades don't get anywhere near the stupid levels of power N54 and N55 engines get out of theirs.
It's so unfair, +100hp +120wtq with just a Cobb Tune... -__- not fair
+15-25hp (depending on n54 or 55) for an intake and more

stock for stock though it's a great car right out of the box.

Make sure to register now at ST Octane Academy now to get a date for your FREE weekend of Racing School in a Ford-Provided fiesta ST at miller motorsports park in utah while dates and spaces are still available.

Did it last weekend, had a riot.
Take advantage of the perk while it's around!

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Welcome and Congrats

· Registered
635 Posts
Nice color choice, Tux reppin! Good choice, get rid of that expensive hard to fix BMW was probably the best choice you ever made.

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Nice color choice, Tux reppin! Good choice, get rid of that expensive hard to fix BMW was probably the best choice you ever made.
BMW is nowhere near as bad as Mercedes Benz on repairs though, they seem to actually have their act together for the most part.

1'ers are "okay". not the best or worst, they're okay, but those turbo sixes in the (#)35i trim are POTENT sumbitches... the motors are pretty beefy too
interior trim and such I wouldn't be able to comment on, but as far as mechanicals, at least with a stick, aren't that bad from what I see comin into the shop daily

But between the Fiesta ST and a 135 I'll keep my Fiesta ST!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly... I LOVED my 1'er. But I knew going in that it was going to be short lived. It's just not a practical primary daily for someone with a family. It was a beast on the street and I'm sure it would have been a maniac on the track, but I don't race and I never *really* cut loose on the roads. You know that old adage that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow? Well, that describes the 135 vs FiST perfectly. They're very similar as far as road manners and handling too. Bonus.

The STi... I hated it. I can't nail down why. I just did. The FiST is everything that I hoped the STi would be.Yet... with more peace of mind for some reason.

My woman makes fun of me because I've had like (10) cars in the last 4 years or so. I just couldn't find the right one. It feels different this time though. Like I've found *my* car.

Maybe that's hokie or overly romanticized, but my car is a big deal to me. I assume y'all can relate since that's why we're all on here, right?

· Registered
635 Posts
Honestly... I LOVED my 1'er. But I knew going in that it was going to be short lived. It's just not a practical primary daily for someone with a family. It was a beast on the street and I'm sure it would have been a maniac on the track, but I don't race and I never *really* cut loose on the roads. You know that old adage that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow? Well, that describes the 135 vs FiST perfectly. They're very similar as far as road manners and handling too. Bonus.

The STi... I hated it. I can't nail down why. I just did. The FiST is everything that I hoped the STi would be.Yet... with more peace of mind for some reason.

My woman makes fun of me because I've had like (10) cars in the last 4 years or so. I just couldn't find the right one. It feels different this time though. Like I've found *my* car.

Maybe that's hokie or overly romanticized, but my car is a big deal to me. I assume y'all can relate since that's why we're all on here, right?
Dude, those feels, i completely agree. I HAD found my *love* car. It was my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero. After an F40 6-Speed swap out of a G6, N/A Cammed build it was super quick and mean. Unfortunately rust took her life and i had to replace it immediately, in comes a Saturn! Yeah, 98bhp was SO Fierce. I dumped that after about a year and in comes the ST, i may have found another *love* with this car.

· Registered
163 Posts
Looks like mine!! Congrats to you as well on your insanity!

Reactions: taylorfade

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hard to imagine someone ditching the 135 for a fist !! Unless kids were a factor. I have 4 kids. A 135 is out of my price and space range but damn... Its got it all !!! Great power with just a chip. Wicked strong I-6. Rwd !!! (Miss my G35 for 4 secs), a 6speed manual. Factory turbo charger(s). Direct injection. Bmw looks, steering feel, suspension. Good factory brakes. And I personaly love the way it looks.

My fav part about it??... Most BMW nutswingers/snobs hate it !! They think its ugly. That's the best part of it all !!

Worse part? Its a BMW. Which means your kind of a douche bag. I'd pay the price :)

I love my fist and all, but... I am a super huge 135i fan. Without kids, I'd def be driving that instead ( and maybe look to buy a fiesta when its (5-6 years old for track duty).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Kids. Otherwise, you're right- the 1'er is just about the perfect friggin car. Almost.

And honestly... hatch. I am so sick of trunk cars I could puke. Lol.

I don't regret my decision one bit.

· Registered
128 Posts

I hear ya, man. I had a 12' WRX and it was awful. I think it sounded like a radio controlled car, no intake/exhaust note. The shifter was goopy and the interior was just weird.

After that, the boss mustang. It was a blast, but also made me crazy poor.

This ST is probably the most fun i've had in a vehicle in a while (well, maybe except for the time in the Honda Odyssey with the Croatian girl).

· Registered
121 Posts

It's like you know me, lol!

Same thing here, I came from a MK6 GTI then a 2013 Speed3... I can honestly say that I really do not miss the horsepower. Friends in the mazdaspeed community and the VW community thought I was nutty, but having spent time in Europe, I have a soft spot for small turbo Fords.

· Registered
545 Posts
I did something similar, traded in an E46 M3 for the Fiesta ST. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I can enjoy the performance of this car far more often than I could the M3. Like OP put it, more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow, and this car is IMO more fun than the M3 as a daily driver.

But gawd, if my M3 wasn't gorgeous. Still my favorite BMW bodystyle, and I know I'll own another E46 M car in the future.

Congrats on the purchase. These cars are TONS of fun, I don't really regret selling the M3 very much, which is saying a lot because that car was absolutely great, other than the running costs that is :p

· Registered
427 Posts
Whoa a 135i swapped for a FiST? I had a 135i for a while it was the best I have driven wish I could have kept it but we already had 2 cars then the gf was given an S3 company car so something had to go. Geee I miss the twin turbo power and the handling of that 135i. The FiST is a great car for the price but for me the 135i was still another another level or 2 above but you pay for it although still a bargain compared to an M.
Each to their own though as long as you are happy.
Congrats!
Curiously would you still have bought it if you only had the 3dr option like we have here?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.