Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I thought I'd give everyone a quick mod guide for replacement interior courtesy lights and map lights.

I ordered 5LED T10/w5w white SMD canbus lights from eBay and they seem bright enough.

You will need a flat screwdriver or panel removal tool. Get a cloth to wrap around the tool so that you don't take chunks of plastic off.

For the plastic lens (faceplate), start from the front of the car (towards windscreen) because there is a plastic tab that holds it from that direction

Once u take it apart, work on getting the rest of the housing off. Removing the faceplate will reveal a metal tab that will unlatch the housing. Work with the tool to get the rest of the housing apart and then you can dangle the unit from the wiring.

From the rear of the housing you can actually twist off the bulb holders to remove the current bulbs to make it easier and also to install just twist it back on. Once u get the new bulbs on, test all the lights to make sure they work before u fit it back altogether. If they don't work try reversing the polarity (flipping it 180deg).

Once working, just clip every thing back into place. The rear one is very similar just make sure u don't lose the switch as it might pop out once u remove the plate.

I also swapped out the footwell lights. Very easy just plug and play those ones.

My next mod is to tap into the ambient lighting and to put a red led strip in the footwell so that it lights up red with the rest of the car while driving.

Happy modding everyone!

TAPPITY TAP TAP

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yea, US spec cars cabin lighting is quite a bit different.

Also, US spec cars have color changing footwell/ambient lighting, so we don't have to wire up an LED strip for our footwells to glow red ;)

Your seats are slightly different too, don't have the texture on the cloth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah our Recaros are different full cloth but also come as standard. Sucks how we don't have your ambient lighting too.. Australia always gets shafted :/

TAPPITY TAP TAP

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah our Recaros are different full cloth but also come as standard. Sucks how we don't have your ambient lighting too.. Australia always gets shafted :/

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Uhhhh, you have Holden. :)

And Australia is where the V8 Supercar series started.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2016 FiST last week and the 1st thing i did was replace all the interior lights with RED LED's. Looks awesome at night. The next stage is to put RED LED strips under each of the footwells.
What is the best way to change the factory ambient lighting to make it brighter? Being that the interior is black, the stock ambient lighting is very dull especially on the side doors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey thanks for the instructions. I have just ordered my LED lights from eBay. The stock ones are so dull. Can you advise what type the footwell lights are? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm interested too my 16 footwellloght on the passenger side is just one led! Can i extend it?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts