Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
non- moonroof car? trying to figure out the lighting arrangement in the front cabin without a moonroof.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I am wondering, and please chime in if you know, but do you get more headroom without the moonroof compared to with the moonroof?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that is why I ordered mine this way.

My torso is unusually long, so with a helmet i dont fit. (I tried on the test drive. Talk about getting weird looks)

ETA: THANK YOU!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Good to know. When I drove it it was equipped with a Moonroof. I asked the salesperson and he said that it makes no difference with or without so I was not sure if I could trust him.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good to know. When I drove it it was equipped with a Moonroof. I asked the salesperson and he said that it makes no difference with or without so I was not sure if I could trust him.
No difference to what? A sunroof reduces headroom and adds weight at the highest point. That matters if you're interested in track duty. If you don't and aren't very tall it's of little difference.

·
Registered
773 Posts
No difference to what? A sunroof reduces headroom and adds weight at the highest point. That matters if you're interested in track duty. If you don't and aren't very tall it's of little difference.
Well I plan to AutoX the car. My intention is to buy one without a sunroof for those reasons among others. The salesperson was insistent that the moonroof did not reduce headroom (which I am 95% sure is total BS. My gf's old Acura RSX has a sunroof and has NO headroom in it and I am only 5'10''.

I was just curious if anyone has sat in one with and without and to know what the difference is.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I plan to AutoX the car. My intention is to buy one without a sunroof for those reasons among others. The salesperson was insistent that the moonroof did not reduce headroom (which I am 95% sure is total BS. My gf's old Acura RSX has a sunroof and has NO headroom in it and I am only 5'10''.

I was just curious if anyone has sat in one with and without and to know what the difference is.
It has to. You can see the "dish" in the slick-top headliner where the sunroof would go. I pulled the sunroof out of my last car for track duty and the sunroof cartridge and motor are beefy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It has to. You can see the "dish" in the slick-top headliner where the sunroof would go. I pulled the sunroof out of my last car for track duty and the sunroof cartridge and motor are beefy.
Lots of folks seem to be concerned about the headroom with the sunroof. I'm 6'4" and have a sunroof in my ST. I don't drive with the seat in the low position nor with the seat laid back. There's at least an 1-1 1/2 inches headroom for with me. My wife has an SES Fiesta w/out sunroof, I drive both without any problems

·
Registered
923 Posts

I've driven both multiple times and didn't notice any difference in headroom.. but with that said I am only 5'10" tall.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rear headroom is the bigger problem with the moonroof when I took a look at one. The lower section ends like mid head for me and you have to sit very oddly to fit your head in the "tall" section of the roof.

Fast edit. Peloton you the same one from focaljet back in the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
Rear headroom is the bigger problem with the moonroof when I took a look at one. The lower section ends like mid head for me and you have to sit very oddly to fit your head in the "tall" section of the roof.

Fast edit. Peloton you the same one from focaljet back in the day?

Not sure how many posts I made on focaljet, maybe a few... but I was a regular contributor on Focus Fanatics. :) I had the silver '03 Focus SVT, lowered with 18" OZ Ulteggeras, duel exhaust.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ahh I think it was a peloton25 so not the same person. Thanks

No problem... never came across another road cyclist on a car forum though... with almost the same name. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am 6"3' and although I felt like I could drive with the sunroof on a daily basis, I don't think a helmet would have fit. There's certainly more clearance in the one I bought, without the sunroof.

And yes that salesman is BS.
The sunroof does eat up a little bit of head room.

Is the car any different from the outside? No

All those extra parts for the mechanism that opens and closes the glass must go somewhere. So that means less head room.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts