Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new car and have always had a hard time finding purchasing incentive. The Ford website seems useless at giving this information out. I am wondering what you Canadians have used and how much it gave you off of the cars price?

Whether it be Costco, X Plan and so on, we can make this the thread to come to for the Canadians who are in the market and want a deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the market for a new car and have always had a hard time finding purchasing incentive. The Ford website seems useless at giving this information out. I am wondering what you Canadians have used and how much it gave you off of the cars price?

Whether it be Costco, X Plan and so on, we can make this the thread to come to for the Canadians who are in the market and want a deal.
There was a $3,250. Factory to Dealer Rebate (expired on Dec 15th) but should be back at the end of the month or for January. The current deal from Dec 16th to Dec 29 (I think the 29th) is $750. Discount and 0% for up to 60 months. There is also a 2% holdback.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a $3,250. Factory to Dealer Rebate (expired on Dec 15th) but should be back at the end of the month or for January. The current deal from Dec 16th to Dec 29 (I think the 29th) is $750. Discount and 0% for up to 60 months. There is also a 2% holdback.
$3,250? That is more to help the dealer with mark up is it not?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was tempted to pick one up at 3250 off but the 60 month financing ended up costing the same as it is now with 750 off at 0% because it was at 5.7% or something
But with a 3 year term the $3250 Manufacturer rebate it was only around $28k after taxes in BC, depends a lot on down payment too
whereas with 0% I don't feel the pressure to put as much down

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was tempted to pick one up at 3250 off but the 60 month financing ended up costing the same as it is now with 750 off at 0% because it was at 5.7% or something
But with a 3 year term the $3250 Manufacturer rebate it was only around $28k after taxes in BC, depends a lot on down payment too
whereas with 0% I don't feel the pressure to put as much down
You should always put as much down on a car as you can afford. Putting -0- down is stupid.

Does anyone know if the 3250 off can be combined with x-plan? Can you get the 3250 off if you order a ST?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should always put as much down on a car as you can afford. Putting -0- down is stupid.

Does anyone know if the 3250 off can be combined with x-plan? Can you get the 3250 off if you order a ST?
+1

I want to know this too

·
Registered
248 Posts
i just bought mine and this is what was on offer
they used to have approx 3000 something off as an incentive but that was only for 2013
the best they do now is 0% for 72 months (you can throw down lump sums along the way as you want and pay it off quicker), and first 4 biweekly payments off to a max of 750

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered mine on the 14th and I got $3500 off with 5% for 60 months plus the first 4 biweekly payments payed for as well. Add X Plan on top of that and I walked away happy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just as a reference, I bought mine at the end of Oct. 2013 and I got $500 off with a $1800 winter tire package plus 0% for 72 months.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put 0 down and got the extended warrantee and maintenance plan which is all at 0%. I can put extra down anytime whether its when when I picked up the car or half way doesn't really matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
It costed $20 more per month for the maintenance plan and extended warranty. Basically it's budgeting my maintenance into the car payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dealers must love you!
Why? The dealer makes nothing either way. It is 0% financing so it costs you $0 to borrow the money whether you owe $1 or $30,000. When it is 0% financing that is the only time that it is ok to buy a car with 0 down because it makes more financial sense to take that money that would have been your down payment and put it towards something with a high/higher interest rate. If it takes you 84 months to pay off the car it still costs $0 to borrow the money. If to take that money and put it towards something with a high/higher interest rate it reduces the cost of borrowing on that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why? The dealer makes nothing either way. It is 0% financing so it costs you $0 to borrow the money whether you owe $1 or $30,000. When it is 0% financing that is the only time that it is ok to buy a car with 0 down because it makes more financial sense to take that money that would have been your down payment and put it towards something with a high/higher interest rate. If it takes you 84 months to pay off the car it still costs $0 to borrow the money. If to take that money and put it towards something with a high/higher interest rate it reduces the cost of borrowing on that.
My comment was regarding his purchase of the extended warranty and maintenance plan.
I understand how zero percent financing works, and made the same point you did a few posts up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts