Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 2014FIST and i wanted a cold air intake. The only on i can find is by FSWERKS but its not CARB certified. Does anyone know of a company that has one? or atleast one with an E.O. number? If not is there a company that has one in development? :confused: I would really like to start suping it up.

FSWERKS COOL-FLO AIR INTAKE
FSWERKS Green Filter Cool-Flo Air Intake System - Ford Fiesta ST 2014

·
Registered
773 Posts
Give it a few months. Cobb will have one of the best offerings likely and they always have CARB certification. AEM always does as well but I am not sure if they have plans to make an intake for the FiST

·
Registered
678 Posts
Because it's so new, I don't think any CARB intakes are available at the moment. I'm waiting patiently as well... :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out the Finsport one in the UK.
He's looking for an intake certified for use by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), and the Finsport intake hasn't (and likely will never have) gone through the approval process.

You're probably going to be waiting on CARB approved parts for a while, as the Focus ST got its first CARB approved parts roughly a year after it's introduction: COBB Releases CARB Approved Stage 2 Power Package

·
Vendor
418 Posts
We will be sending our intake to the CARB lab soon for testing to become EO certified. We are also planning to have a Staged package available much like the one for the Focus ST we released last year. The process is extremely slow and we will continue to pursue CARB certification as much as possible for our products.

-Braden @ COBB
Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
We will be sending our intake to the CARB lab soon for testing to become EO certified. We are also planning to have a Staged package available much like the one for the Focus ST we released last year. The process is extremely slow and we will continue to pursue CARB certification as much as possible for our products.

-Braden @ COBB
Sent using Tapatalk
if you come out with an intake, and later on the CARB lab approves the intake, are we able to get the sticker from you/them saying the intake is fine for CA use?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Vendor
418 Posts
if you come out with an intake, and later on the CARB lab approves the intake, are we able to get the sticker from you/them saying the intake is fine for CA use?
That's a possibility! Depends on the testing process.

Ian

·
Registered
62 Posts
If it's CARB certified I will buy yours the second it's available :)

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Morag92

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

-Braden @ COBB
Sent using Tapatalk
Since i am in sounthern california, my Fiesta st is available for beta testing. I am extremely cooperative with any and all testing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Luckily we dont have issues like that over here.
Carb certification is a hassle but it's also a good thing. It cut down on smog and CO2 emissions. It's something other countries need to take more seriously.

·
Registered
488 Posts
CARB does not equal a good thing, they are evil bunch of people that has been ruining motor vehicles for Cali folks since 1967

·
Registered
369 Posts
Carb certification is a hassle but it's also a good thing. It cut down on smog and CO2 emissions. It's something other countries need to take more seriously.
yes b/c a cat back exhaust system and intake instantly cause an engine to run dirtier....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have to be tested every few years to monitor my cars co2 emissions unlike other states and countries. This is why we never got cars like the nissan skyline r34 and half the cars available in Europe they run dirtier!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
yes b/c a cat back exhaust system and intake instantly cause an engine to run dirtier....
as a matter of fact CAT back exhaust is CARB legal (usually). its CAT BACK meaning a Catalytic converter is present which is need for CARB certification. ANd certain intake cause the air/fuel ratio to run richer which does make it dirtier.
DONT TELL ME WHAT IS LEGAL IN MY STATE.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have to be tested every few years to monitor my cars co2 emissions unlike other states and countries. This is why we never got cars like the nissan skyline r34 and half the cars available in Europe they run dirtier!
There are many other states that require testing just like your state. However as long as you aren't running dirtier than what the car is supposed to from the factory you are free to do as you like. They won't fail you automatically bc you are running an intake that's not approved by some silly board. The reason some cars like the skyline aren't in the US is more safety relates than co2. Europe has stricter co2 standards than the CA and they have them there. So your argument is null and void. CARB IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN EXCUSE TO MILK MORE MONEY bc that state is bankrupt and desperate to milk money from people to support all the illegals there getting free benefits.

FWIW Ca has the 10th largest economy in the world. IN THE WORLD. And it's bankrupt. It's pathetic.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts