Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has already blown through a set of pads, let me know and we'll get them sent to Carbotech so they can measure them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm right down the road from them, if I brought a non-worn set, how long would they need to keep them?

·
Registered
656 Posts
If you just take yours there, if you have a second car, etc, they could measure them then take them back home. Or, take the car, they can measure them, put them back on for you, etc.....Of course call and ask about these options. They have been very easy to work with for me in the past, I am sure they still are:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, I just looked, and they show a Concord address. I thought they were in Shelby. Is that a second location or have they moved?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I just looked, and they show a Concord address. I thought they were in Shelby. Is that a second location or have they moved?
Not sure. I PM'd you a contact person.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well, considering the stock pads didn't hold up to 2-3 hard laps over the weekend, I've been looking for alternatives.

I'd be willing to send what is left of my pads out to them.

Please PM contact info.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, considering the stock pads didn't hold up to 2-3 hard laps over the weekend, I've been looking for alternatives.

I'd be willing to send what is left of my pads out to them.

Please PM contact info.
on track or in autocross?

Just call carbotech, its a pretty small shop and everyone there is cool and easy to talk to.

·
Registered
556 Posts
On track.

Hallett is really hard on brakes. Heavy braking zones, short straights.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I remember this one time i thought my stock vette brakes might hold up on track, lol. They did last 4 slow sessions at RA though and still had 2-3mm left haha. They really didn't like slowing from 140 to 40 into turn 5 at all.
stock pads+race tracks=ballsy!

I believe carbotech will send you back your pads with whatever lining you want as well. If you tell them your weight and tire they will tell you what to try. I would bet an xp8 will be enough for our tiny tires on our light car. Unless the pads are terribly small. I have xp10's on my vette and they are really too much pad for a street tire imo. But it will be an 8 or 10.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ran XP10s on the front of my JCW MINI on street tires and never had any issues. XP8 should be ok, just don't know how much air gets to the brakes and such so they might glaze if you get too hot. I ran the AX6 in the rear, but I knew a few people than ran Bobcats on the rear with XP10 on the front without issue.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I also had XP10 on my street Vette, wide sticky tires, etc...they were a bit much, dusty and sometimes squealed like a pig but I loved them anyway:)

I have had them on two or three other cars but they were seldom driven on the street.

For the ST I plan to do both street, autocross on occasion and quite a few track events, might end up with a BBK up front as plan to do suspension mods and run 225 DOT race tires most likely though I may just run something like the Yoko top street tire, still deciding on that.

XP8 may indeed be just right for most of these cars on track, I will probably run XP10 front and might go to XP8 rears as worked on my other FWD cars but then again I did have a bit of rear brake locking issues but addressed it with a Wilwood bias valve on the rear lines, worked great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts