Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through the SCCA solo rulebook and came across this list of cars that aren't allowed to compete because of "Stability Concerns"
Text Font Line Document Organism
These vehicles meet the maximum height restrictions but are still deemed too dangerous to Autox. A few make sense, like the Geo Tracker and Jeep CJ. But I was surprised to see the Mini Countryman, Nissan Juke, Dodge Caliber and ESPECIALLY the Scion iQ and Fiat 500 which are both small cars that I think appear to be not be prone to rollovers.

The new "thing" seems to be small vehicles that are also tall, like the super ugly Buick Encore, which is basically just a jacked up car that's taller than it should be. This trend disappoints me greatly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting. I have seen lowered / stripped pickup trucks compete (Solo2 div). I wonder if these are acceptable after modifications.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think of all the Bspec cars, only the Fiesta passed. The Fit, Mazda2, 500 were all at one point too tall vs wide. This list was for Stock classes only though, back when you were allowed race tires on stock suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts