Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting to buy a FiST or FoST when snow season ends. I see that many dealers in the upper Midwest have ST's for sale. Do they actually let people test drive these cars with Summer Tires in the middle of winter??

·
Registered
556 Posts
Are you asking about during inclement weather or any day?

·
Registered
3 Posts
​I took one for a test drive on a dry 35 degree day. Probably not the best for the tires but I had no problems with grip on the test drive. I bought it but it's been in my garage waiting for winter tires to arrive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize for the vague question. I ruined a brand new set of rims with summer tires (2002 Miata) two years ago when I found my self on a frozen over pass. The date was April 15th in Fort Wayne Idiana. I thought I knew what I was doing. The average car salesman at a new car dealership has a hard time keeping track of all the types of cars he has on the lot, and may not know there is such a thing as summer tires. I really want to buy a Fist and I usually buy separate wheels with snow tires. I'm all set with a dependable (boring) car for this winter and am driving myself nuts waiting for spring to arrive. I have yet to determine which seats will work for me. My local Ford dealer does have a Fist with the Recaro sets.
Bu I will be patient

1 - 4 of 4 Posts