Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Today's Fiesta ST tuning project comes from Loder1899, a German company that specializes in Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jaguar and Ford. They took the Fiesta and breathed new life into it, especially under the bonnet. Through the usual mix of ECU, filter and exhaust, the 1.6-liter EcoBoost has increased its output from 182 PS and 240 Nm (177 lb-ft) of torque to 235 HP (173 kW) and 335 Nm (247 lb-ft) of torque.

Continue Reading @ Loder1899 Tunes Ford Fiesta ST to 235 HP [Photo Gallery]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't have my ST yet and I'm already planning the mods for the car.

Reactions: bdubs117

·
Registered
923 Posts
Don't have my ST yet and I'm already planning the mods for the car.
Hopefully by the time you get your car, there will be more available. I hate waiting. lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd like to see more specs on the tuning on the above "235hp" fiesta. Did they push the overboost more, or did they remap non overboost mode as well? 235hp ... how reliable will this be?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Nice! I have a feeling this will be the "norm" for modded FiST's in the future.
Though I am surprised to see the tq isnt in the 270ish range considering Cobb on just tune alone was able to make 241tq t the wheels...
235hp is nothing, even with a 1.6L. I've pushed well over 300hp on a 1600cc 4-stroke EFI engine before (although this wasn't in a car). Theoretically, I think 250hp (flywheel) *should* be possible with bolt-ons and a tune. Just depends on what the FiSts "kryptonite" is. lol. On my last car it was the fuel pump. Could be that the turbo might need an upgrade... no one knows yet fpr sure. 235hp is a good start. :) Oh, and an increase of 70ft lbs of torque is nothing to scoff at..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
235hp is nothing, even with a 1.6L. I've pushed well over 300hp on a 1600cc 4-stroke EFI engine before (although this wasn't in a car). Theoretically, I think 250hp (flywheel) *should* be possible with bolt-ons and a tune. Just depends on what the FiSts "kryptonite" is. lol. On my last car it was the fuel pump. Could be that the turbo might need an upgrade... no one knows yet fpr sure. 235hp is a good start. :)
I was assumig these numbers were WHP, unless they removed the engine to dyno test? If they are whp #'s, then thats already right in the 250bhp area!
Now 250 whp, that would be fun in this little thing....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I was assumig these numbers were WHP, unless they removed the engine to dyno test? If they are whp #'s, then thats already right in the 250bhp area!
Now 250 whp, that would be fun in this little thing....
You can calculate flywheel power numbers if you know the drivetrain loss % of a certain vehicle. The 182/177 is most definitely a flywheel stat (over seas they quote power as 180 ps). I'm sure drivetrain loss is probably around 11% to 13% so I'll use 12% as an example: If the Fiesta ST was putting down 182 ps @ the wheels, that would mean around 21.6hp at 12% drivetrain loss (or 201hp @ the flywheel). That's well within a sliding scale for a broken-in production vehicle around claimed SAE horsepower from Ford. As well, 235hp @ the wheels would translate into roughly 28.2hp lost through the drivetrain (or 263hp @ flywheel). You don't need an engine dyno to calculate flywheel power numbers. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
So if they are using 235hp and 247lbs ft as flywheel numbers (as most do), power at the wheels would be 207hp. 217ft lbs, respectively. Still a very nice gain with basic bolt-ons. :D Without "before and after" dyno spreadsheets, the above article is pretty much useless.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
You can calculate flywheel power numbers if you know the drivetrain loss % of a certain vehicle. The 182/177 is most definitely a flywheel stat (over seas they quote power as 180 ps). I'm sure drivetrain loss is probably around 11% to 13% so I'll use 12% as an example: If the Fiesta ST was putting down 182 ps @ the wheels, that would mean around 21.6hp at 12% drivetrain loss (or 201hp @ the flywheel). That's well within a sliding scale for a broken-in production vehicle around claimed SAE horsepower from Ford. As well, 235hp @ the wheels would translate into roughly 28.2hp lost through the drivetrain (or 263hp @ flywheel). You don't need an engine dyno to calculate flywheel power numbers. :)
Haha, well, math never was my strong suit. Guess that's why I'm wrench turner in the air force haha

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
923 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts