Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really could have gone in another Section but I cant find the delete button :(

When I first purchased the car I noticed a small Click when I pressed the clutch pedal which slowly went away over time so I didn't worry about it. With the temperatures rising over 100 it is back in full force, it is really bad when I am commuting and am constantly pulling away from 1st gear. (The sound evolves into an almost snapping plastic sound) is this another "feature" :p of our cars or should I take it to the dealer?

Video Link
http://1drv.ms/1fUpGDY

Note* the sound is not very loud in the video because it knows I'm recording it... Stupid gremlins..

Thanks,
Kyle

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Nice foot but didn't hear much other than a overnoise type booming...
Some others have reported a lil silicone spray on the clutch working under the dash helps quiet the noise...

Reactions: AT-AT

· Registered
588 Posts
I do hear the click in your video. Have you stuck your head down there and depressed it? I bet you will see what it is pretty quick. It not it may have to do with the clutch assist spring bs they put on this car.

· Registered
248 Posts
I have the same sound that started recently and its so annoying. You get that audible click when you press down on the clutch, and if you move the pedal up and down you hear a springy sound. Gonna take it in to the dealership and see what they can do.

· Registered
17 Posts
I have had the same noise. Look under the dash at the clutch petal arm. See a plastic pivot attached to the return spring and the pivot attached to the arm. These need to be lubricated with either a silicone spray type or light water proof grease. Noise is gone Clutch feels smooth.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have had the same noise. Look under the dash at the clutch petal arm. See a plastic pivot attached to the return spring and the pivot attached to the arm. These need to be lubricated with either a silicone spray type or light water proof grease. Noise is gone Clutch feels smooth.
Good to know. Mine creaks, and I hopped under there and found it was this part creaking. What't the best way to lubricate? Take the assembly apart? Just spray it down?

Thanks for confirming that i'm not crazy.

· Registered
121 Posts
Oddly enough I had a similar issue on my Mazdaspeed3... known issue. The spring mechanism would rebound and cause a very slight clicking and creak sound. It was mechanically sound and did not produce any issues even after replacement. Good luck with dealership and fix

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Mine does this as well, though it seems to be more of an intermittent thing

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.