Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is what is going on. Car has 6K miles on it.
was away for a week and did not drive it (no one else did as well). Came back and took it around the block a few times and everything was normal. When i got out i happened to notice Something on the floor behind the brake and clutch pedals. It looked like a few table spoons of clear grease (Vaseline consistency). I wiped it up but could not figure out where it was coming from.
Fast forward the next day, took the car out for a drive and the clutch pedal seemed odd. Often when you step on it, it returns much slower. Even with the car parked and not running if you side step the clutch the pedal rises slowly.

any one have any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Check your master Clutch cyl and your slave which is inside the bell housing on the transmission on most newer manual cars .
Here is a system drawing if it helps check fluid reservoir too as the pic shows it is a combo res with brakes but looks like clutch line is set higher so not to drain out brake res in event of laekage.. Best getthis looked at by a good Dealer..
Green Product Diagram Illustration Organism
1) Main Res./Brake sys master cyl.
2) Remote Res.
3) Clutch master cyl

6) Clutch Remote/Slave Cyl.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would there suddenly be a pile of it on the floor under the clutch pedal? And a new problem with the clutch return.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think its to much of coincidence. Does anyone know if ford uses some sort of viscus fluid filled "spring" as part of the system. As soon as this large deposit of material was seen on the floor the issue with the clutch started happening. It almost has a raw silicone feel.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would rather know what the issue is before i take it in. My experience with dealers have been extremely negative in the past.
in most cases they do not fix the issue and often mess up other things.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it the dealer and they said it was normal, - it is not. You press the clutch and when you side step it, it comes up slowly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Took it the dealer and they said it was normal, - it is not. You press the clutch and when you side step it, it comes up slowly.
If there is another FiST on the lot, try it's clutch pedal out and see if it's different. If so, show the service manager.

Reactions: SpaceFish

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I took the car to another dealer. This one easily saw the issue. It blows my mind to think the first dealer said the clutch was normal. They will be replacing the entire pedal assembly. Someone posted a picture earlier on this chain and it is missing the parts that are causing the problem.
In front of the clutch pedal under the dash is a return spring cylinder assembly. This part is indeed filled with grease. So if anyone ever finds a large pile of clear grease under the pedal you know the part has failed. The part is on order.
Alternatively - I see in the Mustang forums its common to take this spring out for better clutch pedal feel. Has anyone done that yet?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Im feeling and hearing sqeeking from depressing the clutch, did you experience that before it broke?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I did not – but to test if you are having the same issue as I am just step on and off your clutch repetitively. If the pedal rises slowly you have the same issue. As fast as you lift your foot off of it, the pedal should come up with your foot. In my car I can actually lift off the pedal quickly and then see the pedal rise slowly (about a 1 or 2 second delay).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Any updates? Did you ever take the car in? Two other posters on this forum have been having the same issue.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any updates? Did you ever take the car in? Two other posters on this forum have been having the same issue.
Yes the entire clutch pedal assembly needs to be replaced. The dealer said they have seen a few of them go bad.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Im feeling and hearing sqeeking from depressing the clutch, did you experience that before it broke?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
i've been hearing a clicking and audible sound from the cluth pedal when i press the clutch pedal down.
it wasn't there when i first got the car and then it was only there once in a while, but now everytime you press the clutch pedal there is the clicking and 'springy' sound

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New clutch pedal / master cylinder went in today and was told all is well and I could pick up the car.
Two major problems- they put in the wrong pedal (one of a normal Fiesta) so the pedals do not match. And also the clutch is doing the exact same thing. This is after they said that they took it on a test drive.
The pedal still comes up very slow. They have NO IDEA what to do now. I am beyond pissed.
Its hard to drive the car fast, and it sucks all the fun out of it.
I called FORD to open up a case - not sure what else i can do. This Sucks - this is my first Ford - FUN FUN
I kind of wish i still had my 2004 Mini with 200K on it. i never had any trouble with that car.
This Fiesta ST is brand new.

·
Registered
545 Posts
New clutch pedal / master cylinder went in today and was told all is well and I could pick up the car.
Two major problems- they put in the wrong pedal (one of a normal Fiesta) so the pedals do not match. And also the clutch is doing the exact same thing. This is after they said that they took it on a test drive.
The pedal still comes up very slow. They have NO IDEA what to do now. I am beyond pissed.
Its hard to drive the car fast, and it sucks all the fun out of it.
I called FORD to open up a case - not sure what else i can do. This Sucks - this is my first Ford - FUN FUN
I kind of wish i still had my 2004 Mini with 200K on it. i never had any trouble with that car.
This Fiesta ST is brand new.
Not entirely surprised they put in the wrong pedal - my car is getting fixed from hitting deer and the Ford dealer sent the bodyshop all Fiesta body panels instead of ST panels. Seems like some dealers are lagging behind with updating their parts catalogs. Grr.

Sorry you're having this issue. You've done the right thing in opening a case with Ford. If it were me I would refuse to take the car back until they make it right. They clearly put the wrong parts in and haven't fixed the existing issue either.

Best of luck. I sort of expect stuff like this with the ST being the first model year/growing pains - that said just keep on Ford with your open case and they should get it sorted out eventually.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts