Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Any updates? Did you ever take the car in? Two other posters on this forum have been having the same issue.

·
Registered
545 Posts
New clutch pedal / master cylinder went in today and was told all is well and I could pick up the car.
Two major problems- they put in the wrong pedal (one of a normal Fiesta) so the pedals do not match. And also the clutch is doing the exact same thing. This is after they said that they took it on a test drive.
The pedal still comes up very slow. They have NO IDEA what to do now. I am beyond pissed.
Its hard to drive the car fast, and it sucks all the fun out of it.
I called FORD to open up a case - not sure what else i can do. This Sucks - this is my first Ford - FUN FUN
I kind of wish i still had my 2004 Mini with 200K on it. i never had any trouble with that car.
This Fiesta ST is brand new.
Not entirely surprised they put in the wrong pedal - my car is getting fixed from hitting deer and the Ford dealer sent the bodyshop all Fiesta body panels instead of ST panels. Seems like some dealers are lagging behind with updating their parts catalogs. Grr.

Sorry you're having this issue. You've done the right thing in opening a case with Ford. If it were me I would refuse to take the car back until they make it right. They clearly put the wrong parts in and haven't fixed the existing issue either.

Best of luck. I sort of expect stuff like this with the ST being the first model year/growing pains - that said just keep on Ford with your open case and they should get it sorted out eventually.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah if they think the issue is with the gearbox then dropping it out of the car might have to happen. Shouldn't affect the car though, people have been dropping transmissions for a while with no I'll effects so I think you'll be OK there long term, assuming they replace whatever part is failing. Sorry this is happening to you though.. I say let them do it but make it clear you will not take the car back until its 100% fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts