Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
They now want to take the gear box out of my brand new car to look at the clutch. I am not sure i want to let them. I am sure the car will never be the same. I only wish somone would steal this car. I will NEVER buy a Ford again.
I asked them to look at the clutch line because i have been told that could be the issue but they said they will not look at it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah if they think the issue is with the gearbox then dropping it out of the car might have to happen. Shouldn't affect the car though, people have been dropping transmissions for a while with no I'll effects so I think you'll be OK there long term, assuming they replace whatever part is failing. Sorry this is happening to you though.. I say let them do it but make it clear you will not take the car back until its 100% fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In my experience the more a dealer works on a car the more they screw it up. No they have not put in the correct pedal yet.
Problem is they have no idea what is wrong with the car. I do not believe it has anything to do with the actual clutch. They only want to take the gear box out to “look” at the clutch.
The fact is that the clutch does not slip or chatter, when you step on the pedal it disengages very smoothly. I believe the issue is within the clutch line, Ford in their infinite wisdom included flow restrictors within the clutch line. This limits how fast you can dump the clutch (to protect the driveline from shock, and drivers that have no idea what they are doing). I believe it is one of these restrictors that has failed or is stuck. But rather than spend the hour or so changing the clutch line Ford wants to spend 10 hours removing the gear box to just look inside.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well my clutch just did this today, i went to disengage the clutch and i heard a loud *PING* noise and sudden there was grease all over the place and my clutch pedal rises VERY slowly.... now what? I don't want to take it to the dealer, i just got it back from them and every problem i wanted them to fix they made worse.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well my clutch just did this today, i went to disengage the clutch and i heard a loud *PING* noise and sudden there was grease all over the place and my clutch pedal rises VERY slowly.... now what? I don't want to take it to the dealer, i just got it back from them and every problem i wanted them to fix they made worse.
Be careful, might not be grease it could be brake fluid!

·
Registered
634 Posts
No, it's for sure that white grease stuff. My clutch pedal is acting more normal now that i went out and pumped it a bunch of times. Fluid level is normal.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Today i went out to my car and got in and the clutch pedal went right to the floor. Hydraulic fluid is pouring out of the bottom of the bell housing.
Look like the gear box is going to have to come out now anyway.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Today i went out to my car and got in and the clutch pedal went right to the floor. Hydraulic fluid is pouring out of the bottom of the bell housing.
Look like the gear box is going to have to come out now anyway.
Are you freaking serious? What the hell? Make them replace EVERYTHING from the trans back. Woah.

·
Registered
634 Posts
It's truly unfortunate that you got what seems to be the bad egg of the bunch, but maybe this will be the only problem that the car will have? My Saturn w/ 265k had a new engine @ 3k and from then on out it was the most reliable car my family ever had. Maybe it's a fluke. Mine was fixed right up with a new slave cylinder and pedal assy. I would take it to a different dealership and MAKE them fix it or tell them to shove it. I know that my fiesta has been fantastic besides the same issue you're having. Don't lose faith, my friend.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ford still has my car. i have not had it in some time. I think i have just blown 22K. THis is blowing my mind. No lemon law. I bought the car in VT (got a good deal) but live over the border in MA. MA lemon laws only work if you bought the car in the same state.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ford still has my car. i have not had it in some time. I think i have just blown 22K. THis is blowing my mind. No lemon law. I bought the car in VT (got a good deal) but live over the border in MA. MA lemon laws only work if you bought the car in the same state.
Where in MA are you? Maybe we can find a way to get the car to my dealer which has been of a great service to me. I'm in NH. Maybe i could be of some assistance?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well on my way home from work today my car made a spring popping noise and the clutch felt a little weird (may be a mental thing due to reading others clutch issues and bein paranoid about having the issue) no grease leaking to speak of yet so I'm hoping nothing is wrong. Iv only had my car 4 days and driven 350 miles

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You can easily test for the issue by stepping on the clutch and letting go of it as fast as possible. If the car is affected the pedal will come up slowly. The pedal should follow your foot up almost as quick as you let it off.
If the pedal comes up slow the the slave cylinder is bad and the gear box must come out to fix it.
I just got my car back and it now seems to be fixed. Slave was bad. This has been a long drawn out issue. I was seriously considering trading in the car but ford is giving me a free extended warrantee. So that is making things a bit better.
Hope i do not have any more issues with the clutch.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts