Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I searched on here in case someone else had the issue, but for a few weeks now I have a slight clicking when the clutch pedal is lightly pushed down. You have to listen, but you can feel a popping at the very top before fully engaging the clutch pedal. I searched google and found a member from STnation had the same noise Clutch makes clicking noise? It's a clutch Pedal switch according to that post. I guess I'll let the dealer know about this one. I called them earlier today without seeing that post so now when I go to them I'll let them know what I read so maybe they can narrow their daignosis down.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can feel the "click" you speak of at the top of the clutch, but I never thought it was an issue? Its done it since day one, or as long as I can remember having the car atleast.[/QUOTE

I think maybe when I first got the car I didn't notice, but if there's another ST around when I go do my oil change I'll go check out how the clutch pedal feels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also feel and hear the clutch click. Maybe I'm noticing now that it's warmer ~60F.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's probably just the clutch depression switch the car uses to make sure you have pressed it to start the car, like that other post mentions. It would make sense.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's probably just the clutch depression switch the car uses to make sure you have pressed it to start the car, like that other post mentions. It would make sense.
That what I was assuming it was by reading ST nation post, but wanted to make sure I was normal before trying to schedule service for something that is normal for the car to do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too have heard this "clutch clicking". more noticeable in 1st & 2nd gear. It's pretty consistent and notice it more after pressing clutch fully then letting go. thought about taking it in but could be something normal?

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's probably the clutch switch sticking or something, I've seen it on other cars (Audi) where the depress action isn't smooth but stick a little bit and ends up feeling slightly notchy and making a light ticking sound. Mine does this too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually I took my car into the dealer last week for this exact issue. The dealer told me it was a plastic plunger that flexes under stress. There is no way it can break but it is indeed a 'common' noise compared to new cars of the same style on the lot.

I am not very happy that my 24k car makes a constant clicking sound while driving...just sayActually I took my car into the dealer last week for this exact issue. The dealer told me it was a plastic plunger that flexes under stress. There is no way it can break but it is indeed a 'common' noise compared to new cars of the same style on the lot.

I am not very happy that my 24k car makes a constant clicking sound while driving...just saying

·
Registered
61 Posts
was just noticing this today as well, its a little annoying but i thought it was normal?
I also just noticed this today. Glad to find out I'm not the only one. As long as it's normal it won't bother me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts