Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im getting a rattle when my car is in neutral and the clutch is out. When I press the clutch pedal in, the noise goes away. Any ideas what could cause this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine also does this and its actually pretty loud. I was told its the direct injection fuel injectors, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The problem is intermittent. I hear the normal (I guess) clicking, but when sitting at a long light with the clutch out, it starts to rattle. Push in the clutch, and let it back out and the sound is gone. The car drives great but that noise stinks. I've read posts about the clutch cracking, but being so intermittent and with no other issues I have no idea now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe a bad throw out bearing? I've heard of some people having issues with them. I would take it to your dealer if it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe a bad throw out bearing? I've heard of some people having issues with them. I would take it to your dealer if it's still under warranty.
I would think if its the throw out bearing, then it would make noise when the clutch is depressed? But the noise actually goes away when you push in the clutch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would think if its the throw out bearing, then it would make noise when the clutch is depressed? But the noise actually goes away when you push in the clutch.
I had come couple go out on my past cars and I could swear it was opposite, but it was a long time ago so you may be right. But don't let it blow up on you. Lol. You don't wanna be stranded in the middle of nowhere.

On a side note, your dead pedal was the first mod I got and I'm still loving it! Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds good. I guess I'll drive mine until it blows up, but let us know if you go to the dealer to get it checked out.
Hey no-pistons,

Have you had this concern inspected by your Ford Dealer? They'll be best to diagnose.

I'm hoping it's not a bad clutch. I believe the clutch is only warranted for 12k miles.
Hey Bahkaboy,

Send over a PM with your name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help get your ST back to tip-top shape. Talk to you soon!

Nick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey no-pistons,

Have you had this concern inspected by your Ford Dealer? They'll be best to diagnose.
Hello Nick. Thank you for the reply. I have not been to a dealer, and to be honest a bit hesitant in doing so.

Out of curiosity, what is the service you are providing?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello Nick. Thank you for the reply. I have not been to a dealer, and to be honest a bit hesitant in doing so.

Out of curiosity, what is the service you are providing?
My pleasure, no-pistons. Once an appointment has been scheudled, I'm able to look over some resources on my end to see how I can assist with getting your ST back in tip-top shape. Please let me know if you decide to schedule one.

Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the exact same issue with 33k on the car. I've taken it in to service and they talked to Ford engineers, and they feel it is a bad flywheel. The part is on back order, and they gave me the car back to drive saying it's safe until the part comes in. Nick, I'll send you my info so you can track the progress for me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the exact same issue with 33k on the car. I've taken it in to service and they talked to Ford engineers, and they feel it is a bad flywheel. The part is on back order, and they gave me the car back to drive saying it's safe until the part comes in. Nick, I'll send you my info so you can track the progress for me.
Sounds good, divinjup - I'll review your PM and respond shortly. :)

Nick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts