Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself, like most of you, have been waiting on the simple (but quality) modifications. I was REALLY hoping to spend some money today on a Cobb intake but unfortunately that did not happen. While I know there are other intakes on the market, I am surprised because this should be the first modification they should release other than the AP. I am not into manufacturing but I would not think there is much more testing than what they have already performed. I am just ranting and just want to spend some money.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well, if your looking to spend some money, I'm open to donations? Haha

On a serious note, Cobb probably just wants to make sure they've got all their bases covered. Quality parts, enough of the product made that they won't have an initial shortage, and real world road data to ensure longevity of their part and your car.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you want really want to spend money and you really want an intake, then nobody is stopping you from buying an intake from another company. It seems like you are waiting for a Cobb intake, because you know that Cobb means high quality, proper fitment, and superior performance. The only way they can achieve these things is by fully testing their products to ensure they are up to Cobb standards. I understand you are probably frustrated, but I am sure they are doing their best to make sure the product gets to you as quickly as possible!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I doubt cobb is putting as much time into the fiesta st as they are for other cars. That being said, this is probably a contributing factor in how long it is taking to get out their quality products for our car.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I doubt cobb is putting as much time into the fiesta st as they are for other cars. That being said, this is probably a contributing factor in how long it is taking to get out their quality products for our car.
I put my money they spending most their time on the STI.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
418 Posts
I know waiting sucks, but we are working hard and focusing on the Fiesta ST (and I'm making sure the engineers are because I want parts for my FiST too!). Once a product is designed and tested, there are major steps to take before it goes into full manufacture mode and then final product release. We make sure production samples look, fit, and perform exactly as we expect. Then, you have to make enough to ensure you don't sell out the first few days and make all the dealers and customers that didn't get in right away mad again. But, those are our problems, not yours! We want to get these parts released as quickly as possible! We are hoping to have our motor mount, intake, and possible other parts by next month.

Ian

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oh yea, COBB RMM will be mine.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the update! I am still a couple months away from getting my FiST, so it seems like the parts might come out just in time for me! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ian! I'm sorry for the negativity but I just want to enjoy this thing that much more than I do now! Looking forward to the next few months!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I WAS going to jump on that PowerFlex RMM, but if I only have to wait another week or so for the Cobb, I will hold out.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: SpaceFish

·
Vendor
418 Posts
So I was reminded why we don't give release dates...we unfortunately had a setback with the motor mount, so it will be pushed back for release. The bushings did not arrive as expected, but we are expediting their re-manufacturing and will have a perfectly working motor mount ASAP!

Ian

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: COBB

·
Registered
488 Posts
No problem COBB, as long as you guys make it a quality piece, which I know you will, you will have my moneyz as always!

I literally set aside a budget every month....named "COBB" :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
I spy new white COBB shift knobs... fap

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: COBB
1 - 20 of 26 Posts