Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've said it before and I am sure this won't be the last time.

A tune for these cars should be your first mod - an intake or an exhaust should wait til after you get the tune. Trust me. If you've got to save up to get your upgrades, waiting twice as long to do the tune instead of an intake will be worth the wait. The functionality you get out of that little device is amazing - and you can EASILY adjust it as you mod the car later on.

You will DEFINITELY notice that extra torque driving around town, whenever you want to pass- and notice you need to downshift a lot less.

As Cobb themselves has covered extensively, there is no way the dealer can "see" you had a tune and void your warranty, regardless of whatever gibberish you "heard" from "your dealer", the fact remains that this is a safe, easy to install and uninstall upgrade that will not automagically void your warranty. Just uninstall before visiting the dealer. This is a SAFE upgrade.

You can get an AccessPORT from ModBargains or Cobb - which also helps support me writing, filming/editing and creating more Fiesta ST content here. Ask for Jurrian at ModBargains, ModBargains will pricematch and do whatever it takes to earn your business.
Purchase your NEW Cobb V3 AccessPORT for Ford Fiesta ST @ ModBargains.com

Hope you guys enjoy my install video and it more clearly illustrates how the "tune" works for our cars.

Cheers,
Nick aka BlueBomber

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice video. Question for you - does the AP power on/off with the ignition, or do you have to turn it on and off every time you get into or out of the car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice video. Question for you - does the AP power on/off with the ignition, or do you have to turn it on and off every time you get into or out of the car?
You have to turn it on/off. There is no auto feature right now, but as they stated in another thread, they're working on it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nice video BlueBomber! The Cobb AP is just the most amazing thing ever!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Silly question, perhaps, but does the AccessPort need to stay connected to the car? Or is the tune simply uploaded to the ECU, and after that the AccessPort is more or less a display device that can be removed until the user wants to change maps or something?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Silly question, perhaps, but does the AccessPort need to stay connected to the car? Or is the tune simply uploaded to the ECU, and after that the AccessPort is more or less a display device that can be removed until the user wants to change maps or something?
The AP does not need to be plugged in, the tunes are flashed to the ECU.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is why you keep the AccessPort connected - the tune stays with the car once you've installed it, until you reconnect the AP and uninstall the tune. I keep mine connected because your AccessPort is a great source of realtime data, including boost, oil temp and over 190 other readouts - and can show up to 6 at a time. Realtime MPG is something we're hoping makes a comeback.

Get your AccessPort at Cobb Tuning or you can help keep me making videos/writing content and grab it from modbargains.com/ford-fiesta-parts.htm - or call 714-582-3330 - the Modification Experts I work with can price match whoever and we pride ourselves on excellent service.

Expect more installs from me in the future!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have another question; What does the Stage 1 tune do? (That's kind of a misleading
question.) I know what a tune does in general, I was just looking for specifics. According to COBB's website it...

• Increases horsepower by x%
  • Increases torque by y%
  • Removes torque limiter for 1st, 2nd (and reverse!) gears
  • Removes 6400 rpm fuel cutoff

I had my old Corrado tuned, and will be tuning the Fiesta as well. I was just wondering if there is anything else going on. My list was all I've been able to glean.

TIA

Reactions: MoltenST

·
Registered
340 Posts
hp by 3-5%, tq by 12-15%, driveability is much improved. better powerband and better shifting, i guess it keeps the turbo spooled up a bit during shifts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found this by drilling down through Cobb's info on the Fiesta tune...
https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtuningweb/site/maps/Ford/All%20Maps/Fiesta%20ST/Map%20Notes/FIESTA_ST_BASE_14.pdf

v100 – Original Release Calibration

• Adjusted fuel, ignition timing, boost control (including overboost), camshaft phasing (Ti-VCT), throttle ramping, EcoMode shift indicators, cooling fans, and base programming logic. Reduced compensations for more consistent power delivery. Adjusted torque, gear, load, boost, airflow, temperature, speed, and rev limits.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Here's my car:

Attachments

Reactions: BlueBomber

·
Registered
923 Posts
Look at the torque gain between 2000 rpm and 3800 rpm and horsepower gain between 5300 rpm and 6500 rpm. :D That's a HUGE difference!

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
You have to turn it on/off. There is no auto feature right now, but as they stated in another thread, they're working on it.
How do you shut it off?

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do you shut it off?
By tapping the power button on the top to start a 10sec-off countdown timer, or by holding the power button down for a few seconds to shut it off immediately. It does seem to automatically power on most of the time, but I've gotten so automatic with turning it on/off I don't even notice doing it anymore.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts