Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobb – Please let us know what products you will be releasing. It will help some of us plan.
I am hoping you guys are making a Cat back, down pipe, Engine mount, oil separator and more. Please let us know what (and when) you will be releasing fiesta parts. Telling us what you are working will help us wait (some of us have $$$ in are pockets and its getting hard to wait)
Also can you tell us the diameter of the tubing you are going to use on your exhaust.
Thank you

·
Vendor
418 Posts
Intake
FMIC
Catback (2.5" based on testing)
Downpipe
Motor mount

No release dates yet, but we are working as hard as we can to ramp up manufacturing.

Ian

·
Registered
488 Posts
man, throwing money doesn't even work anymore, I think I'll just burn it!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VERY COOL !!! i hope they come out soon.
I am very glad you went with 2.5 for the cat back.

Please let us know ASAP when we can start buying

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey COBB, here's some initiative to make me parts.

Cartoon White Green Facial expression Head

·
Registered
248 Posts
theoretical question here
if i bought the fswerks intake and exhaust now, but bought the cobb dp/fmic/rmm when those become available, do you think it would make a huge difference in power output with their OTS maps for stage 2 or 3 (which ever requires their intake and exhaust)? i know their OTS maps are made to optimize their own products, but since their exhaust is going to be 2.5 like fswerks, i dont see their intake being THAT different from fswerks offering, will it make THAT much of a difference overall?

in a nutshell i'm getting impatient and want to buy stuff but cobb is not taking my money quick enough! :p

·
Registered
678 Posts
Any idea which order they'll be released? Itching for the rear motor mount...

Will the parts be CARB from day 1 or will they take some time after release?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Any idea which order they'll be released? Itching for the rear motor mount...

Will the parts be CARB from day 1 or will they take some time after release?
Maybe the last Tuesday of this month. Cobb releases new products and ap updates on the last Tuesday of every month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Intake
FMIC
Catback (2.5" based on testing)
Downpipe
Motor mount

No release dates yet, but we are working as hard as we can to ramp up manufacturing.

Ian
Why not 3" It makes room for those of us that are going to put a bigger turbo on. Correct me If I'm wrong. I'm curious to know the reason why 2.5 was chosen.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Bigger is not always better, going too big would kill the low end of the motor (which is what the turbo is designed for). This was a huge argument in the VW world as well, when Millitek (I think) insisted upon 2.75" instead of 3" like everyone else, then backed it up with dynos. AWE went for a 2.5" exhaust, claiming the following:
Why did we choose 2.5 inch and not 3.0 inch diameter for our MK6 exhaust? Our first 2.0T exhaust prototypes were indeed 3.0 inch, but we found that the effort it took to move the large mass of air in the 3.0 inch system at lower rpms resulted in a loss of torque with very little offsetting gain up top. Take a look at our 3.0 inch prototype dyno sheets here and see why a 3.0 inch system is not appropriate for this car.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Bigger is not always better, going too big would kill the low end of the motor (which is what the turbo is designed for). This was a huge argument in the VW world as well, when Millitek (I think) insisted upon 2.75" instead of 3" like everyone else, then backed it up with dynos. AWE went for a 2.5" exhaust, claiming the following:
I'm sure thats a small part of it, I'd venture to guess most of the reason was how the exhaust sounded. You'd be surprised at what the pipe size does to the sound of a car.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3" is ridiculous for 1.6L motor. I doubt any manufactures that have put out 3" systems did any testing. 3" is often to big for even a V8.
2.5 has more than enough flow for over 250 HP.
Cobb is one vendor that actually tests there systems and do not rush them to market. Most of the others pick a tubing size as the first step and then try to get it to fit.

·
Vendor
418 Posts
2.5" will be plenty big enough for any turbo you would want to put on a motor this size. In our testing, the 2.5" not only sounded better with greatly reduced drone, but also provided more consistent dyno results.

I have my fingers crossed the RMM will be available very soon! CARB parts require extra testing, but we will investigate further after our initial parts releases.
Ian

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Not to sound like a fanboy but I have no doubt Cobb's boltons will be the shiz...patience is a virtue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you guys get your intake CARB certified, I may sell my FSwerks abd go with yours

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Usually a company will release their intake and then a while later they will peruse CARB. It sounds like it takes a while to get something certified.

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts