Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW ADVANCED ENGINE MONITORS:
We’ve added a slew of new data monitors for those pushing the envelope of performance with the Fiesta ST. Monitors such as Start of Injection, the injected amount of Fuel Mass, and Maximum Injection Angle are a small sample of what has been added. These new monitors will allow you to dive into the fuel system and milk it for every last drop. In addition to these monitors we have added an Advanced Monitors addendum to the Ford Monitor List which breaks down the enumeration of several crucial data monitors.

PERFORMANCE TASKS REVISED:
Those of you who were experiencing issues with the 0-60mph and 1/4mi Performance functions should now be able to get accurate readings. We have adjusted the task to use the average rear wheel speed which will greatly enhance the accuracy of these calculations. The vehicle settings file must be reset to use the new method of wheel speed input. To do this, navigate to the main menu and select the "->" icon, inside this menu will be a "Reset All Defaults" option. Once cleared you will need to setup the monitor preferences and re-configure any changes to the log list.

Update your firmware NOW to receive these enhancements!

Cheers,
The COBB Ford Expert Group

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very cool to see the continual updating and support. I'm liking the idea of one of your access port tools as a means of monitoring and displaying data more and more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Official Site Vendor
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cobb - when will we have a Cat back for the Fiesta st?? and will it make any HP on a stock motor??
We have been testing different diameter exhausts and are finalizing production. No release dat yet, but getting closer!

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hoping to see stage 2 performance pack including FMIC and downpipe full exhaust from COBB in the future. Thinking we should see HP numbers around 250 with 93 oct and proper tuning.

JP

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hoping to see stage 2 performance pack including FMIC and downpipe full exhaust from COBB in the future. Thinking we should see HP numbers around 250 with 93 oct and proper tuning.

JP
250?!? Cars with a tune are seeing around 185hp and have proven the factory IC is doing a pretty good job.
I'll be impressed to see cars hitting 210hp with all the basic bolt ons.
Ford clearly didn't leave a lot of horsepower on the table.

·
Registered
77 Posts
250?!? Cars with a tune are seeing around 185hp and have proven the factory IC is doing a pretty good job.
I'll be impressed to see cars hitting 210hp with all the basic bolt ons.
Ford clearly didn't leave a lot of horsepower on the table.
I am with you 250 is not going to happen very easily if at all. Much easier to get a Focus if you want those numbers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am with you 250 is not going to happen very easily if at all. Much easier to get a Focus if you want those numbers.
Absolutely. The option is there if you want that much hp in a Ford hatch.
My gut tells me the best bang for the buck on a FiST will be an AP tune and down pipe which will put people around 190hp, with a nice noticeable bump in torque and turbo response.
After that it'll cost a bunch of money for very minimal gains.
For the record I LOVE that. Knowing I've ordered a car that has been engineered and factory tuned to such a level tells me we all made a great decision with the FiST.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Absolutely. The option is there if you want that much hp in a Ford hatch.
My gut tells me the best bang for the buck on a FiST will be an AP tune and down pipe which will put people around 190hp, with a nice noticeable bump in torque and turbo response.
After that it'll cost a bunch of money for very minimal gains.
For the record I LOVE that. Knowing I've ordered a car that has been engineered and factory tuned to such a level tells me we all made a great decision with the FiST.
X2 the AP is the best mod at the moment. The torque increase is awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ian (at Cobb) i hope you guys pick a reasonable size diameter exhaust something like 2.5" (but no larger). the 3" units for 1.6L motors are just plain dumb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well maybe have to look into stage 3 bigger GTX turbo down pipe or E85 tune sorry coming from evo x country where HP is a little easier.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts