Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In honor of Merica, I just installed the Cobb rear motor mount. It took longer to find a good position for the jack under the car than the actual install. All in all about 15 minutes total. SUPER easy!

The mount made a huge difference in how the car launches and feels during shifts. No more wheel hop and no more occasional banging between 1st and 2nd. There is some added vibration from the engine when idling that the stock mount absorbed. But it is not bad at all and you only notice it when you're idling. Definitely worth living with.

Pleased so far and would definitely recommend it as a must, even if you don't plan to heavily mod your ST.

Cheers!

photo.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put mine into today. I highly recommend. I have no issues only better feel when driving, especially during 1-2 shift.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Anyone know of whether COBB deliver to Australia and the converted price including shipping?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The subsequent vibration at idle is the only thing stopping me from getting one. I have enough rattles already, that I don't need worsened wth the stiffer RMM.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The subsequent vibration at idle is the only thing stopping me from getting one. I have enough rattles already, that I don't need worsened wth the stiffer RMM.
If it's any consolation, the added vibes only come when the AC is on and when the car isn't warmed up after it's broken in. I had the same concern initially but now my mount is almost never noticeable in daily-driving.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yeah I got this at first, but it's getting better and better. Still get a tiny bit with a/c at complete stop sometimes. Nothing jarring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I really wish I could bump the idle rpms up to 1000 with my AP. I noticed it takes away almost all of the vibration with just a little rev hold.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I haven't noticed anything other than a little driver's side mirror shaking.

I do come from stiff mounted Hondas, so my sensitivity to minor vibrations is quite low. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any other pics of install? Particularly where you placed the jack and jack stands.
The best place I found to initially jack up the car is this spot on the driver side, right behind the front wheel. Circled it in the pic. It's solid metal and easy to access with a jack. Just put a rag or piece of rubber on the jack to avoid scratching it up.

Once I had it up high enough, I put an A-Frame stand under the driver side crossmember, right where the a-arm connects to to the crossmember. That will allow your wheel to still hang free but the stand won't slip either, again put something on the stand to avoid scratching. Now that you have the stand in place I slowly lowered the jack just enough so there is weight on the stand and leave the jack in place as well. Car was solid and didn't move at all.

Word of caution, when you're done, be sure to let your jack down SUPER slow to avoid crushing your side skirt!

Jack.jpg

Reactions: timmytoast

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
773 Posts
It is a rubber bushing so it needs a break in period. Cobb said that vibrations are no greater than stock once it is broken in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only time I noticed the slight increase of vibration at idle was on the first day. It's no longer noticeable enough to care or nit pick about. For me, the gains far out way the non-existent vibs.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Where did they say that? That would help ease my decision in getting one.
I think you adjust to it it won't get any softer anytime soon or why by it if it is going to wear out that quick. and to me getting softer is wearing out

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Where did they say that? That would help ease my decision in getting one.
it is NOT rubber, I'm pretty sure it's urethane.

It eases up after a day or so, and stops being noticeable. If you get Powerflex Race bushings or a solid bushing yeah it'll be damn uncomfortable but for a daily driver the Cobb piece is a great balance.

I invite you to pop by my work in La Habra on Lambert at Harbor sometime and check out how my car behaves with it or just say hello at the First Friday Ford meet in Anaheim at Sonic Burger (Fiestas/Focii meet under the Wal-Mart sign, meets run 6p-10pm) or at Cobb First Thursdays; my FiST is fairly distinct lol - have you joined the SoCal Fiesta ST facebook group btw? We'd love to have you

Here's a video I prepared on the subject. It also features a video clip of a Fiesta ST running right after installing the Cobb RMM in it. NO VIBRATION. Check it out.

Cheers
Nick aka BlueBomber

·
Registered
773 Posts
it is NOT rubber, I'm pretty sure it's urethane.

It eases up after a day or so, and stops being noticeable. If you get Powerflex Race bushings or a solid bushing yeah it'll be damn uncomfortable but for a daily driver the Cobb piece is a great balance.
My bad...Urethane is correct

1 - 20 of 50 Posts