Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,150 Posts
I thought stage 0 was stock without the torque truncation enabled?
Maybe? I thought it was just the stock tune. What do the map notes say?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

· Registered
301 Posts
From my understanding Stage 0 isn't YOUR factory stock tune, it's a stock tune that Cobb created. I'm not sure if they do the boost limiting in 1st and 2nd or not, but the map notes say

"COBB Tuning, v101.00 -- Stage0 v101 - Installed Stock Mode map for an otherwise stock 2014 Fiesta ST (B299ST). Uses stock values for conditions when you need the vehicle's ECU to act like it is still stock. DOES NOT UNINSTALL AP FROM THE ECU."

Since you can run 87 on the stock tune, I assume 87 would be ok with the Stage 0

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same reason I had an 87 octane Focus Sport SCT tune for my 2005 focus, save $ especially on long trips. It wasn't as aggressive as the 91 octane tune, but had some benefits over the stock. Doesn't the unit save the stock tune during the installation? If so why have a stock tune for download?

And wouldn't the stock tune be good for 85 octane they have out west?

· Registered
588 Posts
If I am worried about saving a tiny amount of cash running 87 octane, I am not sure why I would own a performance vehicle at all. Even if it was 10-15 extra per tank..... Most 87 to 89 to 91 is about a 14 cent split. So 28 cents per gallon on a 12 gallon tank. Lets say its 30 cents even, its less than $4 per tank. Am I missing something?

Even if we triple the figures. 90 cents per gallon extra on a 12 gallon tank. Almost 12 bucks.

If I am already paying 50 for a tank of gas, I am gonna pay 58 for the extra octane. It's well worth it, and not just for the power.

· Registered
588 Posts
That's so true. It's actually less than 50 for me, but I was trying to use round numbers for my example.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Funny when people in the US complain about gas prices, even though most of the rest of the world pays 2x as much.
Everything in the US is also way further apart. So you rely on your car more/have to drive more/further (for the most part)

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

· Registered
302 Posts
I know I would be interested in an ECO tune like the Focus has, or a stage 0 with the torque limiter unlocked.

Maybe I want an ECO tune for long trips, stage zero with TQ unlocker for piddling around town, and a 91 map if I plan to go to the track.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At a minimum the stage 0 should have a few changes, the TQ limit unlocked is one. I can't believe the stock tune is anywhere near the ragged edge of tune for 87, most likely it's very conservative. Like I said, regular at high elevations is 85 octane which works fine in a NA engine.

Otherwise why not just reload the factory stock map?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.