Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys I'm toying with the idea of throwing coilovers on my fiesta. Right now I'm on h&r sport springs and want to go lower. I'm on a budget but I dont mind spending a little extra for good quality. I dont do very many track days nor do I really do any spirited driving in it much anymore so itll mainly turn into a stance car. What's the best set with a good amount of drop?

·
Registered
29 Posts
for a "stanced" look you'll need to go to an airbag suspension, which can be in the several thousands of dollars. coilovers are really overkill for a normal street car but we live in a world where you can spend your own money however you want, and if you want coilovers a good rule of thumb is you get what you pay for.

my co-worker bought a set of megan racing coilovers for his mini cooper. in his mind he justified the ride height adjustability and race car feel as a "performance" upgrade but didn't want to spend a lot. i told him the pitfalls: harsh ride and many times you do not get the advertised rates, with the higher price point you are getting QA and R&D to back it up. He went ahead and got them anyway. after several months he would complain about the bone jarring ride quality and nothing seemed to change no matter how he adjustment it. he paid for "adjustability" that he couldn't use.

at the entry level price point i would consider ST-Suspensions ST X line of coilovers but the lowest setting, it will only lower the car 1.1" in the front and 1.4" in the rear, which is not any lower than lowering springs! if you want to go lower, like i said earlier you'll need air suspension, there are probably more options in the EU market.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts