Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im itching for my first mod and I have been waiting patiently for COBB's intake but its starting to get to me so COBB if you are reading this when will your intake be coming out?!

· Registered
1,150 Posts
They said in their R&D thread they are shooting for the end of this month.

· Registered
361 Posts
You know we're all like this

Attachments

· Registered
635 Posts
^^this

also for HP/dollar gain a decat or performance catted downpipe ($250-450) will give you more power than an intake, but either way you won't get the most out of it or the full benefit without an AP
Speaking of Tune, Stage 2, Cobb?

· Registered
371 Posts
^^this

also for HP/dollar gain a decat or performance catted downpipe ($250-450) will give you more power than an intake, but either way you won't get the most out of it or the full benefit without an AP
plus safety. regardless of how good ECU's are, swapping an intake or a downpipe can cause screwed up AFR's without a proper basemap/tune. (rich/lean... not good... detonations galore)

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Meh, not so much in these cars. We are speed density tuned. Maf tuned vehicles are usually the ones that start freaking out when they see more air/flow without a proper tune.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mongoose221

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Good point colin. I'm stuck in my maf tuned k20/k24 Honda mentality :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
mmmm always liked the K series

· Registered
371 Posts
mmmm always liked the K series

me too rod. me too. unfortunately the rest of the vehicle around it just hasn't kept up with the competition in terms of interior build materials/quality, and suspension tuning.
also in stock form, or even with just bolt ons, it just can't hang with the new FI engines.
this fiesta curb stomps my 2012 si, even with an intake/exhaust and the flashpro tune, and it's damn close if not faster from a roll than my friend's 2012 intake/downpipe tuned SI as well.

· Registered
361 Posts
I don't have 500 to drop on the AP right now :( that's why I'm dying for this intake lol
I'm in this boat too. I did a drop-in filter and RMM so far.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
I don't have 500 to drop on the AP right now :( that's why I'm dying for this intake lol
By a used Focus ST V2 AP for damn near what you would pay for an intake,

Reactions: mongoose221
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.