Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[h=2]Not sure if really needed and far more time to make a proper twin scroll with the ports for best response, last one I made took 50 hours and the cost a bundle to have one of the best welders in the country TIG it up.....I just MIG and for a proper race manifold, TIG had to be done.[/h]

Part of why looking into this is I am wondering if there is a great alternate turbo than waiting for the ATP which are pretty spendy though dang fine of course.

And, my other projects are moving along nicely so I just might be able to fit this into the schedule.

If you know what you are talking about or who does and have any good info to offer I am all ears:)

Thanks
Rick​

Reactions: DjDevilCloud

· Registered
728 Posts
Rick, you have so many posts in various threads, some are ideas, and others you have carried out.
Can you do a build thread, where you post the mods you actually have done to your FiST. With photos and vids where applicable.
I find your progress quite difficult to follow, as I am sure others do too.
You seem to have a wealth of knowledge and a great asset to the forums, so come on and give us a RAAMaudio Build Thread!!!
Have you even driven your FiST yet? Apart from in/out of your trailer and around the shop!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been thinking I should just have a build thread, I did start one on a forum and do not recall which one so have to take a look:)

I could cut and paste all my mods, ideas, plans, etc, to one place, it would be easier for me as well to manage.

One reason for having many threads is I want to get as much feedback as possible and felt I could get more timely and pertinent answers, suggestions, advice, etc........with multiple threads.

-------------

As for driving the car, looked it over and took it for a spin in Sacramento, brought my wife in to check it out and she agreed to get it, especially when I scared the sales guy a bit:) I do not have to ask her, she is cool with just about anything I do with cars but I respect her so asked.

I had them go get one in the color I wanted and bring it to the NV border and she drove it to Carson City where we were staying in the toyhauler. I drove it to the store, loaded it, brought it to Utah, drove it maybe 5 miles, then started working on it, I have around 25 miles max driving the car out of the 293 miles on it, my wife has driven it about the same.

I will get to work on the build thread probably tomorrow, a bit worn out today, beer time....etc....

· Registered
169 Posts
Not trying to rob your post but I have a few questions. I bought a meth injection kit. After looking where to to the nozzle I either am gonna have to fight to get the plastic piece out to tap into or do you think I could inject it through the sound symposer where it ties in right there at throttle body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
527 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Using the symposer port might work great for the M/W injection but I have had them work fine just injecting into the side of the runner using the right nozzle size. I am not going to do M/W on this car as just to much hassle to keep it filled, unless I have to once I start running on road courses all over, I could just use it there and not on the street....

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Very well built if they all look like the one in the picture:)

The volume of the tubing may be to high for the stock turbo, bigger turbo could be better possibly.

It is not a twin scroll manifold which is far more involved, firing order dependent, the one I built for the tC I had to cross a rear and a forward cylinder so the impulses are balanced.

For that kind of money and I know what it takes to make a manifold, I would DIY for sure, I have the material on hand, just have to get my buddy to cut the flanges out.

I would also do some work on making sure the elbows are not to large, the ones I have might be, which could lose some response, the key is to have the hot gasses expand after the wheel, not before any more than required for good flow.

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will have to port my stock one first, I bet I can make it much better than it is.

I might just go ahead and do it now for some fun:)

· Registered
169 Posts
Using the symposer port might work great for the M/W injection but I have had them work fine just injecting into the side of the runner using the right nozzle size. I am not going to do M/W on this car as just to much hassle to keep it filled, unless I have to once I start running on road courses all over, I could just use it there and not on the street....
What do you mean side of the runner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boost tube before the manifold, drill and tape a hole, screw in the nozzle, good to go:)

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just get the mod bug badly, like to build parts, end up spending a ton of time and sometimes money on them to get them perfected....in the end, porting the stock manifold is where I will end up as going to do it soon and then waiting on a turbo anyway.......lots of time to think it over and let the excitement of building a manifold die down:)

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tanner,
It is the long, bent, plastic runner, behind the radiator, rubber hose from intercooler on one end, goes into the intake manifold on the other end.

You would have to pick the right spot to optimize the dispersion into the air stream which I do not know as have not done this mod and not likely to unless I end up having to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.