Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all sorry if this has been answered already. cooling fan on 2014 Fiesta ST keeps running, on looking around it could be relay switch in fuse box. Anywhere other than ford parts to replace? Not much info out there ATM

·
Registered
284 Posts
They usually keep running for a while after you turn the car off. It's what they do. This especially will happen on a hot day, if you have given it a harder time or the engine has run warmer in general.
Does it turn off after a minute or 2? It probably won't do it all the time if working normally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks-car has been used on and off track, never happened before even on days 40 deg plus. The high speed fan on run occurred on a workday, 24 deg and steady run around 50-60kph. So I suspect here is a problem developing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had an issue where fans would run after driving on a cool day. I posted about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/comments/6ddfv3/euro_fist_fans_running_on_shutdown_in_autumn/

With Forscan and a modified ELM327 cable, I saw a P2681 code - Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Control Circuit Open. Any other OBD reader didn't show anything.

Ended up replacing the coolant bypass valve after the resistance was open circuit instead of 8-12 ohms. Haven't had the fans run on cool days since.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue and code. P2681. I am looking at replacing the valve but I’m not sure on which part I’m buying. I have a part number of the part I think is right l. Are you able to confirm this is the same part you bought to fix your issue? 1820582. Is the picture attached what you ordered? Many thanks.

9DCC10BA-28F6-4CED-B8B8-55E0410CD427.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts