Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my catless downpipe installed with the stock catback. I wanted to film outside but it's too windy and snowy. My parking garage is the best I can do today. While in gear the spool is a lot louder at wot! That's my favorite part, the spool up and spool down sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Did you notice any gains? Have a chance to step on it? Also did you get a CEL?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I felt a change in power delivery. The turbo spools up much faster and spools up lower in the rpm range now. I can keep it in 6th at 1500rpm and I can feel the turbo spooling, where as the stock downpipe the car would lug and not spool.

Midrange power feels stronger. It feels more buttery the way the boost comes in.

The car doesn't fall on its face at 5 k anymore. It felt strong all the way to 6k. Way more solid feeling in the upper rpm range.

No cel yet. The downpipe came with a "smart 02" plug so that might hold off a cel. I wouldn't be suprised if the cel comes on in ~20 more miles.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You'll have to let me know if you get a CEL! I'm excited to get mine Monday. Lol just don't want a CEL. I have the cobb ATR so I should be able to clear it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
How hard was it to take out the old one and put in the new one?
The hardest part is taking the stock one out, that was a bitch.
You'll have to let me know if you get a CEL! I'm excited to get mine Monday. Lol just don't want a CEL. I have the cobb ATR so I should be able to clear it.

Eventually he will get a CEL, it took me like 30 miles for it to happen.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Reactions: GhostWhite

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If a cel pops up, I'll let you guys know! I'd be more surprised if it doesn't come on than if it does come on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
With a 02 extender you shouldn't get a cel. Did you other guys get a cel with a 02 extender?
Every car I've used a extender on it worked and didn't throw a code!
Btw sounds great! I need one now lol

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: GreenFiSter

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've put about 60 miles on the downpipe and I'm cel free. Seems like the smart o2 actually works

·
Vendor
418 Posts
The rear O2 sensor is used for large fueling corrections. Therefore, not having it in the exhaust stream could affect the tune negatively. We don't recommend using them, a proper tune would be the best fix. Now that Acccesstuner is out, you can do it yourself or find a local Protuner!

Ian

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rear o2 is simulating a cat that's not there. You should know it won't effect how the car drives. Focus on updating ots maps would actually be nice. How long has the fiesta been on beta ots map? I'm not spending another $150 for access tuner smh

·
Registered
191 Posts
Rear o2 is simulating a cat that's not there. You should know it won't effect how the car drives. Focus on updating ots maps would actually be nice. How long has the fiesta been on beta ots map? I'm not spending another $150 for access tuner smh

You should really learn how your car works before running your mouth on a public forum.

·
Registered
488 Posts

Yeaaah I think COBB will know what they are talking about...........

·
Registered
411 Posts
The rear O2 sensor is used for large fueling corrections. Therefore, not having it in the exhaust stream could affect the tune negatively. We don't recommend using them, a proper tune would be the best fix. Now that Acccesstuner is out, you can do it yourself or find a local Protuner!

Ian
Very good point and handy to know. I was wondering about this myself. "Fooling" sensors is never a good idea imo.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Vendor
418 Posts
One part of the rear O2 sensor's job is read the exhaust gas and determine the efficiency of the cat. Based on input from the sensor, the ECU logic will change the "tune" to adjust AFR for cat efficiency. However, this reading can also compensate for other mechanical issues as the rear sensor can dictate fueling corrections over 20%. If you use an O2 simulator or spacer, the ECU will always see optimal conditions or won't see the full exhaust stream. Therefore, if anything goes wrong or needs to be adjusted for any other reason, the ECU would have no idea because the sensor input would be false.

My personal car will be going on the dyno this week for map improvements! Our current maps are working great, but we usually just keep a "beta" tag on them until we have full Stage 1 (tuning + filter), Stage 2 (tuning, intake, FMIC), and Stage 3 (tuning, intake, FMIC, TBE) maps.

Ian

·
Registered
946 Posts
One part of the rear O2 sensor's job is read the exhaust gas and determine the efficiency of the cat. Based on input from the sensor, the ECU logic will change the "tune" to adjust AFR for cat efficiency. However, this reading can also compensate for other mechanical issues as the rear sensor can dictate fueling corrections over 20%. If you use an O2 simulator or spacer, the ECU will always see optimal conditions or won't see the full exhaust stream. Therefore, if anything goes wrong or needs to be adjusted for any other reason, the ECU would have no idea because the sensor input would be false.My personal car will be going on the dyno this week for map improvements! Our current maps are working great, but we usually just keep a "beta" tag on them until we have full Stage 1 (tuning + filter), Stage 2 (tuning, intake, FMIC), and Stage 3 (tuning, intake, FMIC, TBE) maps.Ian
Little off topic..but is it possible/recommended to run a "stage 3" setup minus the intercooler?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts