Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my local dealer to test fit my large self in a Focus or Fiesta ST. They only had the Fiesta and thankfully it had the standard seats as I don't think my oversized butt would work in the Recaros. I looked at the car, sat it it, and took it for a short ride. I told the salesperson that I need to haul my bass and bass rig and I fear it won't fit. That's when she said, "Take the car home with you tonight and drive it some. See if it works for you."

Uh, ok! They copied my license and insurance info, put on a drive out tag, filled it with gas and said "see you tomorrow". Now that's a good dealer!

Already gave me a price and payment too. $22k and some change with MFT, Nav, and moonroof. Only thing it doesn't have is the Recaros.

Surprisingly it's not uncomfortable, and being a motorcycle guy, I love the rev happy motor and "squirtability" the car has. Gearbox is a joy.

I'm gonna give it a good practical evaluation tonight and may get my wife and daughter to help me shoot some video.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cool, dealerships used to do that all the time for me. I would not be uncommon for me to drive a vehicle for 2 days before deciding whether to buy it or not. It seems now, however, they are not as willing.

Oh, and if you haven't tried the Recaros, I would definitely before you rule them out. I am a big guy, 6'2" and 285 lbs and I liked the recaros much better than the standard seats. YMMV.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This will be a daily driver with the occasional spirited romp. I actually like the flat stock seats. I wouldn't want to take a 12 hour trip in the car, we have a SUV for family hauling duty. I want a fun, fuel efficient, commuter car that puts a smile on my face. I have a 1000cc Kawasaki Ninja for aggressive sport riding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very cool! I actually stopped by my local dealer as well today, but they sold the st they had. I sat in a titanium and was surprised by the interior. A touch smaller then my vw golf, but I think pretty livable. Not certain if my mountain bike would fit in the hatch with the front wheel off like the golf, but I suppose that is what roof racks are for.

The only minor gripe was it felt like I was sitting high in the car even with the seat fully lowered. I'd guess the recaros will be lower/better feel in the st.

Feel free to spam us with pics!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shot 30 minutes of video and took some pics. It's transcoding and uploading to You Tube. As soon as it's uploaded, I'll post up a link of my review.

It's not a "driving" review, it centers on the practicality and day to day use of the car. I've seen plenty of track laps and videos of people beating on the car. I wanted to show what it would be like to live with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for putting that video together! Nice to see a video with so much of the interior and practicality in mind. I've seen most performance videos and didn't need more of the same. I'm about 6'2" 225 and was very worried about the size of the car. As I said in an earlier post I managed to sit in a Titanium and my worries were gone. I was debating between the two ST's and now I think I'm well over into the Fiesta corner. Thanks again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I stopped by my local dealer today. They has a Fiesta with the Recaros. If you've watched my video, you see where I mention my leg hitting the console and being uncomfortable. The Recaro seats are FANTASTIC. They hold my thighs away from the console and aren't too awfully tight. Very nice seats even for my large self.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I already purchased pretty much the exact car in your video, but excellent vid none the less! Great work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Big ups to Trackrider54. I will freely admit that I"ve never watched a 30-minute online vid before, but that one was worth the time. I'm obviously your polar opposite: 5'7", 136#. I figure I'll fit fine. Now if I can just find one to eyeball, and then find one with the equipment I want...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Video is up!

I've watched a lot of reviews about the car and this is my impression of the car as well as what some others have said. Enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to make this video. It was very informative and detailed. Most reviews of the ST barely touch on the interior. I am glad your video mentioned both the + and - of the ST's interior.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I liked the Fiesta so much that I picked up an SE for my wife. Even the base model is fun to drive. No big power fun, but the little car is so easy to drive and fun to toss around. Would have loved to get the ST for my wife but she nixed the manual transmission.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts