Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked my front out and man, ford doesn't paint their cars well. All my mustangs had the same problem. The paint is so thin that rocks take it off to the metal. My corvette or my mazda speed 3 or mx5 never had the damage like my fords. You figure for the same price of getting the front wrapper you can just get the bumper repainted with more coats of paint.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Checked my front out and man, ford doesn't paint their cars well. All my mustangs had the same problem. The paint is so thin that rocks take it off to the metal. My corvette or my mazda speed 3 or mx5 never had the damage like my fords. You figure for the same price of getting the front wrapper you can just get the bumper repainted with more coats of paint.
Dollars and cents my friend. Just be happy it isn't a Subaru! haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I used to work at a shop that built shelby cobra replicas, owners would get all upset about the little paint chips those front ends attract.

had the opposite opinion, it shows the car gets used as intended rather than parked and simply stared at.

Most buyers didn't enjoy all that HP they paid for, they should have just bought a poster of the car if they were so afraid of driving it. That's like marrying a Playboy playmate but refusing to consummate the relationship because you want to keep it perfect for the next buyer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts