Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering what products people recommend. Tire/rim cleaners/polishers, wash mits, microfiber towels, soap, clay bars, wax, polish, accessories, etc..etc… Also what people would NOT recommend would be nice also.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Griots for my sheep skin wash mitt, griots for best in show wax, red pads and orbital buffer. mcguires for everything else. costco yellow towels for outside of windows, blue micro fiber drying towels for outside.

·
Registered
773 Posts
www.detailersdomain.com is a great place to get everything.

AMMO NYC | DRIVE + PROTECT has arguably the best products out there. Obviously there are a TON of good products, but the AMMO stuff has been extraordinary. After one use, they have a customer for life...nuff said

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
I have to admit I used Mother's 3-Phase products in the past and recently I changed over to Adam's Polishes.

I received a Amazon gift card and that started the addiction for my detailing and after seeing reviews for Adam's Polishes.

So far I have: Quick Sealant, Rinseless Wash, Deep Wheel Cleaner, Green Wheel Cleaner, Total Interior Detailer, Brilliant Glaze, Buttery Wax, and the Clay Bar System with Detail Spray.

Anyone else out there use Adam's, if not what do others here use and recommend?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I just bought Ammo NYC Paint Regimen, Creme Carnuba Wax and Wheel Regimen kits. I will be trying them out this weekend or next with the 3 bucket system and clay bar. I am excited to see how it turns out. I have heard amazing things about it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just bought Ammo NYC Paint Regimen, Creme Carnuba Wax and Wheel Regimen kits. I will be trying them out this weekend or next with the 3 bucket system and clay bar. I am excited to see how it turns out. I have heard amazing things about it.
where did you get them from if you don't mind asking?
i wanted to buy all their stuff but the shipping to canada is ridiculous!

ended up getting some chemical guys products in the end from a canadian website

·
Registered
773 Posts
where did you get them from if you don't mind asking?
i wanted to buy all their stuff but the shipping to canada is ridiculous!

ended up getting some chemical guys products in the end from a canadian website
I got it straight from www.ammonyc.com the shipping wasn't so bad. I think it was $45 flat rate if I recall correctly. My order was $250 ish.

Plus I had a coupon code for $10 off. The coupon code is TST if anyone is going to buy some.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Griots from advance auto with 50 off 100 coupon...best products for the money
It's all subjective. Lots of companies make amazing products. You just need to find one you like. I personally, like what Ammo NYC stands for. That's why I don't mind spending my money there.

I would rather spend $200 on a company that I like what they stand for rather than $100 for something that may be just as good but I do not like their way of conducting business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For microfibers I would hands-down recommend microfiber tech towels. In specific, their waterless wash towels are AMAZING for just about everything. From buffing off wax to drying and (obviously) waterless washing. Their glass towels are great too, and they all are very well priced.
I'd also recommend Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant, it looks fantastic and is still beading perfectly after two months on my FiST.

Edit: These are the towels I mentioned.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Second recommendation for AMMO NYC. Love their Drive Clean videos and regimen products. Ammo Hydrate would have to be the standout product/step in the wash, much better than your standard chamois drying method.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't cheep out, griots, I have found works very well. I have most of their products and I'm always impressed by how my car shines. And you can get refills too.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Don't cheep out, griots, I have found works very well. I have most of their products and I'm always impressed by how my car shines. And you can get refills too.
100% agreed, but there are exceptions. I remember that there was some company (Mitchel and King I believe) that had a wax for $90,000 in a 24 karat gold container. I can guarantee that there is a wax for $50-100 that is better! I love the AMMO NYC Creme, but everyone has their favorites. Just be SMART when you buy something, if it is expensive and seems too good to be true...it is!

·
Registered
12 Posts
stuff from autozone, pep boys or your local "parts store" is usually bargain basement and to be avoided.

ordering detailing stuff online generally can't go wrong, everyone's got their favorites. i've used megs, pinnacle, optimum, etc and they're all decent so long as you know how to use the product. some are easier to use than others but they all pretty much do what they're supposed to do. the only thing i'd advocate is staying away from glazes that fill scratches. not that they're bad but it's a bandaid fix if you're going to actually put the time in to detailing the car.

you can youtube "junkman" and see different techniques to wash and/or detail. generally good info.

·
Registered
634 Posts
AMMO, Chemicalguys, Griots.

·
Registered
64 Posts
big fan of anything Meguiars. Clay, m2105 polish waxes, etc.

Also love the stuff menzerna makes.

f youwant a sealant instead of wax, Blackfire wet Diamond is the way to go

For a nice carnauba and some good detail spray. Clearkote.com is where you need to go

if you have a buffer, lake country pads re the best.

I get a lot of stuff from detailed image. com

·
Registered
282 Posts
Your detailing requirements will vary on your location.... I've found top rated waxes/glazes don't last 1 or 2 months
in Florida sun. Anything Carnuba based isn't even a consideration to me because it's extremely short life span.
(Yes, I have other things to do besides wax my car 10 times/year)

I've found Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 to be the longest lasting 'protectant' I've found so far... almost 3 months, which is amazing down here.
I'll use Meguiar's Ultimate quick detailer in the Summer to 'stretch' the wax through the really hot months. Both found in auto part stores, and
both have proven themselves good durable products.

Tossing microfiber towels, wash mitts and applicators as soon as they hit the ground will protect your finish also...
Buy microfibers in bulk, and treat 'em like paper towels. Trapped dirt in towels/applicators is your finish's worst enemy, not cheap wax.

Just make sure you evaluate what you use, because expensive stuff isn't always the best for every application,
unless you really like spending lots of money and time rubbing your car... I prefer to drive mine.

Just my $.02... YMMV ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts