Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use mostly Griot's, but have been using Collinite of late. I put on the 476s "permanent" car wax in September of last year and it was still beading with 3/8" beads all over as late as early April. Griot's Best of Show wax never lasted more than 2 months at best, even when supplemented with their Spray on Wax after every wash (once a week).
Griot's Spray on Car Wash is great for winter when it's too cold out be be dipping one's hands into a bucket of cold water. For wiping drying, etc, I have Costco yellow micro fiber, but LOVE the stuff I've been getting from "the rag company" out of Idaho.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been a Griot's fan for a while now for one main reason. yes their stuff can be expensive, and I'm willing to admit it may not be the best in every application.

But I drive 30,000 miles a year, year round so having my car ALWAYS look fresh and detailed isn't really feasible and with a family, job, and house to maintain, I just don't have the energy to go trying every product out there looking for "the best". I know Griot's will always be among the best, and it makes a good "one-stop" to get what I need. Plus I've found them to have outstanding customer service, and stand behind their products (something broke, or you don't like it? no problem).

If I need something quick and don't want to mail order I'll happily use Meguiars from Walmart, but I do tend to notice the quality difference from Griot's.

I'm a big fan of Griot's "one step sealant" in place of traditional wax at least for all-weather vehicles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love Adam's stuff, like a lot of other people have said (and honestly a lot comes down to personal preference and how well the products are applied to actually see a huge difference ha), they're very passionate about what they do and stand by their products!
Their detail spray is awesome, and I currently have a coat of their new H2O Guard and Gloss paint sealant on my FiST, lots of protection and lots of shine!
Finding a brand you love is a lot of fun, happy hunting!

Here's an interesting article on what products to use based on ur application that I thought was very interesting. You may know all of it already, but still an interesting read!

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27631-faq-should-i-use-wax-or-sealant-on-my-car/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Someone mentioned Permanon Aircraft Supershine, expensive, but I'm going to try it on my Ingot Silver. Everything else on the car is matt black so there should be a great contrast!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm giving Optimum products a go. Using Optimum No Rinse (ONR) for the winter washes, it beats hosing the car in freezing weather with water. There is a compromise in the cleanliness of the wash, but is excellent for a quick maintenance wash. And while the lubricity is good (prevents marring and scratching) it doesn't feel as slick as a foamy car wash soap during using a 2 bucket method. Optimum Car Wax (OCW) is pretty cool. Very easy to apply and shines nicely. Lasts longer than most spray waxes. I'm going to try their ONR Wash and Wax next, it has the wax properties already in it, to try and make maintenance washes easier. I also want to try topping it with their Opti-Seal.

I like www.towelpros.com if you're going to buy microfiber in bulk. The owner replies to your questions quickly. www.theragcompany.com (TRC) is my go to if i'm only buying a handful of towels at once (but they also do bulk sales). TRC will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about microfiber, and check often for deals and shipping is free if you buy $49 or more. Both of these sell Optimum products too.

Not trying to hate on Chemical Guys, but their product line is too confusing and they bombard you with their marketing. But they have some die hard fans and I've seen good reviews for most of their products.

In the detailing world, my online searching finds that all the players are quick to compliment each other and recognize they're all on the same team: providing the customer with the best looking vehicle. If you ask manufacturers to compare their products with a competitor they typically will give you honest feedback. The most honest feedback I've seen is they'll say it doesn't matter what brand you choose. Just find the product that works for you and continue to use it diligently.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is not a paid endorsement, but the towelpros.com site I mentioned above is changing hands. The owner is getting rid of inventory: https://www.towelpros.com/shop-microfiber-towels-auto-detailing#!/Special-Deals-of-the-Week/c/33676587/offset=0&sort=normal

So to be fair the towels are made in China and I did get 1 dud in the batch. But for those prices, who cares??? They are a step up from bulk microfiber from the big box stores. Even after shipping, they are cheaper than AutoGeek and in my experience, just as good. This was a part time gig for the owner but has been super friendly and responds to all your questions. I might also have a microfiber addiction...just sayin'

21 - 33 of 33 Posts