Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know if rear mudflaps will help prevent the back of the car getting covered in road dirt.

All this wet weather in Vancouver has made the back of my FiST look like I have been off road 4 wheeling!

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
773 Posts
No. Nothing will stop that from happening. Unless you turn the car into a sedan somehow :s?

It is due to the high pressure air going over and under the car. Then there is a low pressure area right at the hatch that is also drag. It sucks up everything because of it being a low pressure area.

If you put a smaller wing on it, that MAY help a tad but barely noticeable difference.

Mud flaps are more to protect your body from stone chips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks betterthansx, I thought I would ask.

I guess the rain is better than what some of the Eastern provinces etc are getting!

Car wash this weekend, if it clears up, but then again I might take the motorbike for a spin instead.

Steve

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks betterthansx, I thought I would ask.

I guess the rain is better than what some of the Eastern provinces etc are getting!

Car wash this weekend, if it clears up, but then again I might take the motorbike for a spin instead.

Steve
If you clay, seal then wax the paint on the car it will also cut down on dirt that sticks to the paint. It will also make it much easier to clean off later on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The honeycomb grill at the back gets filled up with sandy dirt, maybe I will just hose it out on a regular basis when it is already wet.

The seal and wax sounds like a plan tho

Tx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts