Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit over two months of owning and driving the ST, this week I did something for the first time.

I pressed that voice control button on the steering wheel and tried it.
Now, several days of playing and having read all the complaints and furor over the Sync system, I don't understand the hate.

Changing the channels, making calls, changing the climate temperature, etc., it's all amazingly easy and mine works like a champ.
Are there any tricks or further things that it does?

I also just, for the first time, put a bunch of music on a SD card and tried it out. I've always had an ipod and never owned a car with an SD slot so this is a first. It worked fine, but from reading up, I suppose the same functionality is available from the USB slots. Naturally, I own GIGs and GIGs of thumb drives, but paid 20 bucks for this SD card.
Oh, and I tried playing with a different picture, but it wouldn't upload. I guess the size was too big.

I haven't seen much discussion on the voice control and Sync. I wonder if many others just haven't messed with it yet.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
After a bit over two months of owning and driving the ST, this week I did something for the first time.

I pressed that voice control button on the steering wheel and tried it.
Now, several days of playing and having read all the complaints and furor over the Sync system, I don't understand the hate.

Changing the channels, making calls, changing the climate temperature, etc., it's all amazingly easy and mine works like a champ.
Are there any tricks or further things that it does?

I also just, for the first time, put a bunch of music on a SD card and tried it out. I've always had an ipod and never owned a car with an SD slot so this is a first. It worked fine, but from reading up, I suppose the same functionality is available from the USB slots. Naturally, I own GIGs and GIGs of thumb drives, but paid 20 bucks for this SD card.
Oh, and I tried playing with a different picture, but it wouldn't upload. I guess the size was too big.

I haven't seen much discussion on the voice control and Sync. I wonder if many others just haven't messed with it yet.

Among other things, the wallpaper is expected to be a certain size, dimensions and maximum file size.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Voice commands work fine for me except the climate control. I tried using that once when I was just testing things and it worked in the sense that the number changed to what I stated but the fan and leveler sort of flipped out. I typically have it set at 80-84 (yeah I run cold and like my car toasty) and the thing will be a mediumish fan speed aimed at the feet. When I adjust it with the knob it's always like that. When I adjusted it from 84 to 80 with the sync it started blowing at max fan at the face on full hot. Then none of the buttons or knobs or sync would switch it out of that mode other than turning it off. When I'd turn the climate system back on even if it was set to max cool it was still a hot blast to the face. After restarting the car everything was back to normal. Doesn't really bug me since that's not a feature I'd ever use and I'm sure I'd just get a 'can't replicate if I took it in'.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Its works ok mine is not working as well as it used to but again English is my second language maybe its my pronunciation but it works most of the times the thing I complain is its slooow when indexing the cards or phones music library.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a bit slow, but I read that there is an advanced option that takes out some of the instruction. Does that speed it up?

Regardless, just playing with it, I was impressed. It's a feature I didn't expect and a somewhat convenient toy.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Its works ok mine is not working as well as it used to but again English is my second language maybe its my pronunciation but it works most of the times the thing I complain is its slooow when indexing the cards or phones music library.

Can you set up the mytouch to a different language, such as Spanish for instance?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I synched my phone for blue tooth yesterday. It was so easy compared to my last car and the wife's Kia Sportage SX.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah i can but i dont like spanish in my electronics i get lost and can't find things I guess am used to English too much

Yeah, I can see how that might get confusing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts