Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Would looooove a 2 door.

Weird how you guys aren't getting a 4 door, seems like the UK get's just about any option a car maker offers.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't get me wrong, the 2 door is great of course, but two things here: 1) I actually like the detailing that the extra door gives ie the extra shut lines, the natural link to the small quarter-light window, and the extra pair of chubby door handles 2) I feel we are missing out not having a choice of doors, same as you guys. Surely Ford would open to a wider market if the choice was there. Us Brits and you Yanks are the same underneath (I'm sure comments will follow) we just want to decide for ourselves what car we want, don't we??

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you want a 4 door go spend more money and buy the ST focus. That's what ford will tell you. They made the 4 door specifically for the US market as what you poms refer to as super minis is a very small market there. They decided a 3 door would generate less sales and the Mexican assembly plant only produced the 4 door therefore making a 4 door platform for that market a no brainer. The end

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'll take your 3 Door for my 5 Door any day.

Reactions: scooby2

·
Registered
556 Posts
At first, I really wanted the 3-door. ...but now that I been living with it for a couple of weeks now, I really like the 5-door! :D

...and it was an easy transition since I was already DD'ing my Civic Wagon.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I read someplace the reason we get what we get is cause our cars are made in mexico and your's are made in europe someplace. If it is cost prohibitive to ship 3 doors here here makes sense ours is cost prohibitive to ship there.

I initially wanted a 3 door but the 5 door is nice for unloading tires. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Strange. Because there are stacks of 5 door Fiesta's in different styles all over the roads in the UK. Except the ST. I still don't get it. Anyway different topic: to anyone reading this do these bonnet/hood vents get thumbs up or down. My view is they're v cool.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thumbs down from me. I'd like to see someone make some that are the same as the vents on the wrc fiesta bonnet. For arguments sake next time you go for a spirited drive check how hot that area gets on the bonnet and you can understand why they are where they are on the wrc car. Imo Bonnet vents should be functional

·
Registered
75 Posts
one hot car that... those are the same vents/exact vents from the Focus RS. Couple of replicas in eBay etc also available if you do not go through the Ford channels

·
Registered
207 Posts
While I love the look of a three door, I'm perfectly happy with the practicality of a 5 door - those shorter doors make it easier to get in and out of the car in a tighter space.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Despite our love of the ST there are many out there in the big wide world who think the ST's face is pretty darn odd. This is an amateurish mock-up, improved face.jpg but does this addition to the bonnet make sense to anyone, other than me?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts