Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wish it was an air intake, just for the looks if nothing else. But its only a quick photoshop mock-up just to see what the effect was if we got that slit back again as on the last model. Weird how something so stupidly small makes a difference though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Part of me can't help but wonder if the reason they don't make a 3 door in America is fear of the little sport coupe competing with Mustang sales. Either that or the Execs are somehow convinced a 3 door won't sell here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Considering how many of you guys over in the US seem miffed you can't get the 3 door I'd guess the Ford execs missed a trick. Do you get any 3 door versions of the Fiesta at all over there? If so then something funny's going on. Sniff sniff, I smell a rat..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Considering how many of you guys over in the US seem miffed you can't get the 3 door I'd guess the Ford execs missed a trick. Do you get any 3 door versions of the Fiesta at all over there? If so then something funny's going on. Sniff sniff, I smell a rat..
The only 2 door car we can't buy from ford is the mustang and the GT.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It has definitely grown on me even though the lack of a 3 door option annoyed me at first. A lot easier throwing stuff in the back seat of a 5 door without having to wrestle with the front seats in a 3 door.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
The only 2 door car we can't buy from ford is the mustang and the GT.
So no Focus RSs, or STs in 3dr? Mk1&2 shape.
Very strange if not!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ya'll are over thinking this. Brits are ugly so they don't have babies, hence 2 doors. In the states, guys are happy to hump cows, hence 5 doors...

·
Registered
32 Posts
i think the 4door version looks great, but i'm going to miss putting my arm out the window and not touch the door pillar. I hate that in a 4 door car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I do think it has something to do with wanting what ya can't get. Like the JDM addicts. Some JDM shit is ugly as hell, but people want it cause it's not offered here in the States.Me personally , I like my 4 door. I have kids so it makes it a lot easier for me. If i was kid-less, then yeah I would probably like to have the option of a 2 door. Not sure why both markets aren't at least given the option.

·
Registered
559 Posts
5 doors will grow on you...just like talk radio..as time goes by, all the yunginz will praise 5 doors...it only weighs a couple pounds more...and for the convenience, fugghettabowtit!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hot hatches are a real thing in EU. In the US they're not nearly as popular. Plus, 2/3 of us are overweight, and couldn't get in the back of a 3-door econobox.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Even if I had a choice of getting a 3 door vs the 5 door, I think I would of stuck with the 5 door. I like the styling a bit more, with 2 doors the car looks a bit 'blimpy' as my girlfriend likes to say. The rear doors add a little more aggression in my opinion (even though that seems totally backwards).

Ken Blocks two-door however....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts