Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know quite a few of the newer standard cars have these as a way to "protect" the drivetrain.

Does the FiST have one?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I know quite a few of the newer standard cars have these as a way to "protect" the drivetrain.

Does the FiST have one?
BMWs do but the FiST won't.

What's a clutch delay vajlve? Lol never heard of one!
It stops you from dumping the clutch and harming the trans and diffs. BMW guys remove it and it vastly improves the feel of the clutch and it allows you to drop the clutch. BMW guys have been ripping sub frames out of their cars by doing this. Typically if they give you something like this, it's for a reason.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, because there are a bunch of knobs out there that don't know how to properly use a clutch.

I know the late WRX/STi and Evo have them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My M3 had one, removing it was my first mod. This one doesn't feel like it has one, at least not compared to how the M3 clutch felt.

·
Registered
269 Posts
...BMW guys have been ripping sub frames out of their cars by doing this. Typically if they give you something like this, it's for a reason.
The subframe tearing was not a result of clutch dumps. The delay valve was meant to protect the drive line from excessive lash and other stresses. But the subframe tearing was due to a flawed load path and insufficient structure to support punch loads from the suspension into the floor pan.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The subframe tearing was not a result of clutch dumps. The delay valve was meant to protect the drive line from excessive lash and other stresses. But the subframe tearing was due to a flawed load path and insufficient structure to support punch loads from the suspension into the floor pan.
This. Ask me how I know. Go ahead, ask me. :( Ask me about VANOS exhaust hubs too. I swear I loved that car... it didn't love me back.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a friend that used to work for Dr. Vanos. The stories he's told about just the Vanos units alone are scary enough.

That, and I've had too many friends that used to own BMWs each individual with their own horror stories.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had so many BMWs, each one was a bitch in it's own way, so right yet so so wrong in so many ways.... I was a sucker for punishment haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
My E34 is still rolling strong with over 200K... I just turn the radio up and everything is cheery :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
My ap2 S2000 has one; if you don't hamfist the shifting or try and shift in 0.0001 seconds it won't bother you. My '05 TL had one and it was horrible! Anytime you wanted to have fun in the car it was great running through the gears but when you were finished and shifted to a different gear it felt like the clutch pedal had no feel to it and you had to pump it several times to 'go back to normal.' Odd car... I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary on the FiST.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts