Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Killing time waiting for FedEx to show up with a few parts so I could build the 3" DP and start the 3" exhaust build got bored, dug into my old parts bin and found enough stuff to cut and weld a mandrel bend pipe to replace the multiple section factory pieces.

It looks much better in person, just reflections making it look a bit off. Line around pipe just in front of the axle is a superb TIG weld I did not want to go over. Ends are rolled to prevent hoses slipping off under boost.

Auto part Vehicle Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Car

I plan to upgrade the turbo so would want this part later on so just made it now, I need a 1.5 to 2.0" silicone reducer to hook it up.

I have built complete turbo systems, manifold to exhaust tip, IC piping, etc so this was just for fun. It was more work that expected as it was in 5 sections and I match parts up really well then after welding each section smooth it out and prep for paint on the outside and deburr the inside so it flows really well for being multiple pieces.

I already had done the doughnut delete so I might sell that mod if anybody is interested, just removed donut and used a good hose, looks great, easy to install, now at least.

In my quest to save every oz I can, the dough delete did not save much, around 4 oz it seems, this added 2 oz back so just 2 oz lighter than stock but looks a hell of a lot better and flows better of course but not much to gain until I install a bigger turbo.

Rick

Attachments

Reactions: joker96 and Socko

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picture now up, looks much better in person, great actually:)

Reactions: 94Gt5.0

· Registered
588 Posts
So you are also making me one, right? :)

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy it from ATP;)

I would have to charge far to much and I do not have the right bend, it would be a bit wider and not fit as nicely.

About the only part I might make and it would most likely be local due to shipping is a 3" exhaust, just one, I have enough parts to make it but will have to see how much time mine takes.

If I was not retired and getting ready to full time RVing I would start a new business just for these cars and make all kinds of fun stuff but I am getting ready to go have to much fun on tracks all over NA:)

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured so and meant to be that way a bit as well but am in the middle of moving the battery to the rear of the car, smaller battery that is and forgot the funny part:)

I have had to stop making things for others as get side tracked and not getting my own stuff done, like over 3 months remodeling my daughters house instead of building the 332ti project I have in the shop. Good things work out sometimes though, I knew it was going to be a big job as a total rebuild into a very fast and fun, reliable car, I had a chance to drive the Fist and bought one instead:):):)

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, no tuner yet, I will buy one before long, not driving the car until I get most of the mods done which is a big list:)

From what ATP says this will not do anything on a stock turbo, may as well just do the doughnut delete to the stock pipe instead.

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again,
I really thought I would do just a few mods to this car, well, I should of known better being a life long mod addict, 46 years doing it and still going:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.