Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird problem I've been having, intermittently, the driver side speaker will distort to all hell even at low volumes sounding like its blown. Then later it'll be fine for a few days or even weeks. Anyone having similar issues?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mine does that too. :(

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well at least I'm not alone lol. Yours sporadic too??

·
Registered
488 Posts
yep, mine does that when its cold....I suspect someone at the plant swapped out the good speaker to put into their Ford Lobo :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
i am having issues with my drivers door speaker as well. almost sounds like its cutting in and out from time to time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Perhaps they didn't hook it up properly from the factory? I know with the Golf R's, a lot of them came with the rear speakers not hooked up for whatever reason

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today my passenger side sounded similar as well, wondering if they're just junk speakers? You'd think Sony would be a decent setup..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are sure it's not just a Sony head unit and then some scrappy speakers?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very well could be, honestly I haven't looked into it much. They dont really sound all that great or go too loud imo, so it may be just the head unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me this morning. Taking my ST into the dealership on Monday morning for them to check it out. I just bought this car less than a week ago, so there is absolutely no reason this speaker should be cutting in and out. And I haven't even turned up the volume really loud in the car. I've replaced old speakers with Alpine's before, but that was my old used car, and I'd rather have the dealership take care of it since it's under warrantee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the problem with front doors speakers as well. My car war one month old and left side front speaker began to rattle. Got it changed by the dealer. Two weeks after, right front door began ratteling as well. Got it changed either. The dealer confirmed that it was a problem they saw before. Looks pretty nuch to me that the ST speakers are not up to the task ans I seriously consider changing them. They sound awfull anyway.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that it's warmer mine hasn't done it, kinda weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Montreal so it's cold here in the winter. I had my driver side speaker doing nasty sounds when it was cold. The dealer changed it and told me he had that kind of problem with an explorer too. So far, it's working great but I will see next winter how it is.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nearly all factory systems, even "upgraded" ones use terribly poor quality speakers whose only redeeming value is low weight. Instead of buying highly marked up car audio branded speakers you can save a bundle and use certain home audio speakers of find a deal on some great speakers for cars but do yourself a favor and check out sites like DIYMA and find out what is the best for the money.

They really jacked up the speaker locations in this car, tweeters placement is simply retarded so they tried to make it better with a crappy center speaker.....:(

When I get to the audio build I will toss the stock speakers in the trash where they belong, install the lowest weight, best sound speakers I can in the lower doors up front, tweeters in the A pillars or possibly little pods in the little windows, aimed at each other and mounted 2" above the lowest part of the dash if it is in the line of fire and reverse the polarity(phase, it helps time align the mids and the tweeters), no center and no rear door speakers needed or wanted. I might try a pair of 6.5 subs in the rear doors to save a bit of weight over a 10" I have I was going to install in the spare tire well with the battery, washer tank, emergency kit....

Seems the best option for some tuning and a huge improvement in sound quality using a stock HU is the Audison Bit 10 which can be found for a bit over $300 if shopping carefully, it is a lower cost version of the Bit 1 and is for a two way and sub which done right is the best to save weight and have superb sound. I will probably run the latest version of the Arc Audio D class amp lines, 85x4 and 400x1, fully active meaning 85 per tweeter and per mid so I can dial in the crossover slopes, freq, and tune just right.

Very carefully placed sound deadening to add just the minimal weight possible. lots of Ensolite foam, all the tricks I know from decades of doing this, will have an audio comp level system for low cost and very low weight.

I may of posted before, I am retired from my company specializing in sound deadening, have built many systems including one for $20k in parts in a Tacoma, sound quality, not just a loud burp, beaten a world champ, been published, know many of the all time top installers and DIY builders, spent many hours working for free along side possibly best installer ever just to learn from him, many world champions used my products and methods........I was blessed to learn things the average shop guys never even knew about, not taught in shools, not learned on the job, there are some good shops but not many. I will gladly share all I learn about this car and good audio for it. We can have great audio for a decent price and very low added weight;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I haven't had these issues. You guys don't have shit in your door cubbies do you? I thought my Acura speaker was blown and forgot I through a tire pressure gauge in there which was making all kinds of horrid reverb noise and things. With the really plasticy door panels in the FiST it's even more of an issue. Katelyn's padded makeup bag was making all kinds of rattling noises from the stuff inside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My speakers have been sounding blown and crackling this past week intermittently. Both the left and the right front speakers were having issues but seems to be associated with the colder weather here. It's fine most of the time but comes and goes sporadically. If it continues I'll be taking it to the dealer for replacements.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My speakers have been sounding blown and crackling this past week intermittently. Both the left and the right front speakers were having issues but seems to be associated with the colder weather here. It's fine most of the time but comes and goes sporadically. If it continues I'll be taking it to the dealer for replacements.
EXACT same problem I have. Once it gets cold the speaker cuts in and out. Yesterday wasn't working at all and speaking over Bluetooth on cell was undoable at all. Now there Is a rattle in the door that has the blown speaker in it.
Definitely going to make an appt to have it looked at. Extremely annoying.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts