Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, decided I'd start one of these build threads as I have begun purchasing my Mountune upgrades!
My Adventure began back at the beginning of September 2013. I had seen the ST on Top Gear UK many months before and fell in love. My first ever car at the age of 17 (in Ireland) was a 1993 fiesta, it was a car/van. Meaning it had 3 doors, no rear seats or windows. And a mighty 1.1l power plant! This was about all I could afford to put on the road as a lowly 1st yr apprentice on a provisional license. 12 years on the FiST became my first brand new car.
I began enquiring about the FiST in june/july and had been in regular contact with the dealer. I had a Hyundai iLoad Van at the time which I had up for sale.
Luck was on my side, I had agreed to a deal to privately sell the Van on a Friday night, on the Saturday the dealer called and said the FiST would be landing the next week. On the following Tuesday I got another call to say car had landed, couldn't make it to the dealership untill the Saturday. Finalized the sale of my van on the fri night and strolled straight into the dealership and bought my MO FiST. No test drive required! Had it registered and tinted and picked it up the following Wednesday! All this despite the fact that when I walked into the dealership on that Saturday morning, the car had a SOLD sticker on the windscreen!
These are a few of the first pics.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the car stayed bog stock from September through to December, when it had it's 3month/3000Km inspection.
First mods were the plasti-dipping of the wheels and painting the calipers orange with some High temp paint.
Wheels cleaned and ready for dipping:

A few coats in:

Left wheel has 1 coat of gloss over the 5 coats of mattte black on right

All jacked up!

Masked for caliper paint

Front

Rear

All finished and back on the ground

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next came the Alloygators, (just google alloygators for info) these gave me a look I wanted for a reasonable price and they protect my wheels from gutter-rash at the same time.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The next thing to happen was replacing the stock air filter for the K&N high flow one. This may or may not provide extra HP but it certainly makes a nicer wooshing noise than the stock one!

I was then involved in a group buy for a triple R front splitter, group buy became group fit also, which was pretty handy!

Next thing was changing out the number plate and cabin lighting bulbs for LED with Red LEDs inside

Then came the DMB gel overlays all round. Carbon fiber wrapped the ST badges and got my FiestaST.org stickers!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moving on, I replaced the stock reverse bulbs for LED ones. Which is well worth it.

Then I had made up my mind that I will point my FiST down the mountune road and will not deviate from that road. So on went some personalized plates for my MounTune 13 ST

These are tricked out plates that change colour when bright lights reflect on it.

I have also carried out 'The wiper Mod' and recently received my Aussie build number plaque.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I have begun purchasing Mountune parts.
In my first order is the FMIC - black with yellow logo. Floor matts and the shift gaiter & knob.
These were all in stock and when added up inc postage, stay under the magical $1000AUD so no extra duty to pay when landed.
Next order will contain all the piping upgrades (I'm thinking yellow for these) & short shifter. Once again under the $1000AUD limit!
Finally, if it is ever restocked or even given an ETA the MP215 kit. That's the one customs will sting me on but I'll just have to live with it.
I have done many calculations and buying this way will save me over $250AUD in customs charges. As oppose to buying everything in 1 hit.
None of the mechanical parts will be installed untill they are all here, so it may be a while.
The lower grille will be removed once FMIC is installed and those pesky bars will also be removed. Also working on a scoop and grille design for the gap between the splitter and bumper to connect the lower mountune airbox feed too.
Over the next few months I plan on getting the car on the dyno. Firstly to do a stock run. Then a run with all the bolt-ons done but no tune, then a run with tune and upgrades.
Stay tuned!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey Dreadlyst nice write up thanks for sharing. Any chance you could send me the led types and where you got them for the licence plate and rear reverse lights? Looking forward to more updates.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Dreadlyst nice write up thanks for sharing. Any chance you could send me the led types and where you got them for the licence plate and rear reverse lights? Looking forward to more updates.
Bought these some time back on ebay. Can't find the exact listings but the bulb types are, W16W for reverse lights and W5W for the number plate and cabin lighting. Just search for W16W LED and you should find similar.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I had my first few mountune bits delivered today.
Ordered on Monday from UK and had delivery this morning, Thursday in Oz, so pretty darn quick.
In the box was my FMIC

Gaiter and some floor mats

Despite the description for the gaiter stating that it is a replacement for the OEM gaiter & Knob. It does not come with a knob, it does include the lock out though, so OEM knob has to be retained. Also would have been nice if they had included a little pack of grease, so the reverse lockout piece would glide nicely on the shaft. Will need to take it back off and adress that, as lock out is not self realising now.
The IC will get installed in the future when I have all the charge pipe upgrades on hand. Which I will be ordering at the beginning of next month.
Also have picked these wheels for a future spend after the mountune stuff is done:

Oz Racing Alleggerita hlt.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've got the Mtune Ap with the optimized calibration en route right now....and the bug bit me and I ordered the Full Induction Upgrade Kit...and if I imbibe some more, IC and charge pipes!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little update:
Parts ordered:
1Induction Hose2364-IH-YEL-On Back Order-£82.50
1Mountune decal sheet 2169-DS-AAOn Back Order£5.79
1Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit2364-CPK-YELIn Stock £249.15
1Billet "Quick-shift"2364-BQS-AAIn Stock £99.17
1High-performance coolant hoses2364-CHK-YELOn Back Order£52.46
Some of the hoses are on back order, so it'll be a few weeks before this arrives, need the time to save for the MP215 kit anyway, and that still doesn't seem to have an ETA for back in stock.
You might notice that all my piping will be yellow! They don't do orange, I know others do but I'm 100% mountune on my build. Especially after seeing the Olsbergs MSE rally cross FiSTs and the BTCC Airwaves FoSTs. Mountune definitely know what they are doing! (Not saying other tuners don't) To go with the Mountune theme the engine cover will be repainted in a yellow + chequered, with the chequered bit being on the lower right in the raised/lowered channel section. May do this myself or might have it done, need to price for both and see!
On another note, as some may have read in the "What did you do" thread I now have a work truck and the FiST has been retired to the garage for majority of the week.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
While Mountune isn't into Orange there is a place that does do Orange if you so desire .. Same place I got my Blue ones before Mountune brought theirs to the market..
Won't post the link here and off topic your build thread unless you want it .. :) going to look good either way..

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I'm guessing that the stock numbers on the Mountune site were incorrect. As the parts I purchased on Monday which were listed as "Out of stock" arrived today.

This stuff will be installed as soon as I get the final piece of the puzzle, MP215 kit.
Here's some pics of whats what,
Induction hose

Charge pipe kit

High performance coolant hoses

And the Billet quick shift

Expect to be placing the order for the MP215 in about 2-3 weeks. Now I can do some colour matching so my engine cover will be the same yellow as the hoses.

My build : http://www.fiestast.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1412

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
427 Posts
I got the Perin 2" sites have it as fitting the WRX previous model but fits the ST too

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 333 Posts